Dior Homme Opening in Miami
With the opening of Dior Homme in the Design District this week, we chat up the label's Artistic Director Kris Van Assche.
Hot on the designer heels of the Dior Homme opening in the Design District this week, Artistic Director for Dior Homme Kris Van Assche will be toasting the boutique’s genesis in true Art Basel fashion. The men’s label will debut the world premiere of Bruce Weber’s film Can I Make the Music Fly?, which was created exclusively for Dior Homme. We chat up the Belgium-born design wunderkind on his collaboration with Weber.
Why did Dior Homme commission Bruce Weber to do this? This carte blanche came about to mark the opening of the very first Dior Homme store in Miami — Bruce Weber’s hometown. He is an incredibly talented photographer and filmmaker and one of the most influential figures in the world of fashion in the past 30 years.
What do you hope the film will bring to Dior Homme overall? Can I Make the Music Fly? will be a permanent installation within the Miami store. We feel that it will bring a new vision of Dior Homme that would fit perfectly with the Miami vibe.
Why did Dior Homme decide to open the store and unveil the film during Art Basel Miami? Art Basel Miami is one of the largest and most important international art fairs, drawing crowds from fashion, art, music, film and integrated industries from all over the world. For us, there was no better time to open a boutique in the Design District, and no better time to celebrate the store and this film project with Bruce. Art Basel Miami is the event that serves to fuse art and fashion.
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Were Sprouting up In the Design District
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- Destination Fashion 2016 Recap
- Design on a Dime 2016
- Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Film Festival for Fashion Lovers
- Trina Turk & Mr. Turk Boutique Opening in MiMo
- 9 New Stores At Sawgrass Mills