The Dining Room vacates Vesper, looks for new location in which to pop-up
After a 25-day run at The Shelborne, The Dining Room is moving on
Well that was fast. And perhaps intentionally so after making many a food fan laugh at the notion that former SoFi fave The Dining Room was popping up sort of permanently in the space formerly known as Vesper. After a 25 day run there, The Dining Room is again on the move.
"It has been an amazing run at Vesper, and we are excited to have had a chance to pop up in such a hot neighborhood. Our summer fling at Vesper has left us with many memories, and we want to thank the Shelborne for making us part of their family," said the restaurant's Maria Lieberman.
While Vesper introduces a new "casual South Beach concept" including fried Zeppoles on October 5, The Dining Room is seeking a new space and working on some new concepts, including a pop-up bar, The Blacksmith, at the space known as The Well at 444 W. 41st St. just next to The Forge.The Blacksmith will feature "artisanal bottle service, spirits, and an exciting small plates menu" by chef Horacio Rivadero. A live band will perform jazzy-rock faves.
"Where will we pop-up next? Send us a Tweet if you have any suggestions! Think Brickell..We are in the midst of looking for a new neighborhood to call home," Lieberman says.
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef