Dim Ssam a Go-Go now available at the Mandarin Oriental Miami
From Dec 23-Jan 31, lunch on Sakaya, Blackbrick, Dim Ssam at swanky Mandarin
There is no rest for Richard Hales. Having just launched his new Midtown Chinese spot Blackbrick, the Sakaya Kitchen king is now working with Mandarin Oriental Miami, bringing his Dim Ssam a Go Go catering biz (what started as a food truck is now a full time catering operation, providing full-service, on-site catering including liquor bars, waiters and custom menus from Sakaya Kitchen, Blackbrick and Dim Ssam a Gogo) to the hotel while Gaston Acurio's La Mar is being built.
"We will be providing a special menu of Sakaya Kitchen and a few Blackbrick menu items to create a lunch menu for the pool, beach and hotel lobby during the construction of La Mar," Hales tells us. This all begins Monday, December 23 and will continue until "at least January 31, 2014, maybe longer," he says.
On the menu: Blackbrick items like our smacked cucumber with soy and sesame butter, hot and numbing wok fried peanuts plus classic Sakaya Kitchen salads and itemssuch as their cracklin' sous vide duck sandwich. Hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week including holidays.
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails coming to Hallandale Beach later this summer
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run