That’s not a tropical disturbance, just a new line of jeans coming later this year that could leave quite an impression.
By Juan Lopez
Wind. Rain. Lightning.
Don't worry. It's not a tropical disturbance on the horizon, just the latest inspiration in Diesel's new denim collection.
The three main themes - Rain, Storm and Destroyed - are the jeans available soon in various fabrics and washes for both men and women.
Rain (imagine drop patterns in the denim and t-shirts).
Storm (meant to give you the impression that your pants were struck by lightning; the denim's color graduates from bright to dark and vertical lines that look like electric impulses run up the legs)
Destroyed (the aftermath, intentionally frayed and fragmented slashed cuts that makes the jean appear as if it has gone through extreme climate conditions.)
These washes/treatments are all done by hand in Molvena, in northern Italy, where the company is based.
Handmade weathered treated jeans aren't cheap. You're looking at a $360 price tag, depending on the cut of the jean. The washes come in a variety of styles, from skinny to a more modern boot cut.
Out in November, in time for the holidays, be on the lookout for Diesel's special collection entitled: Rockin' Dots. Among the collection for women are a skinny black pant paired with a mirco-studded backless top with matching jacket and a revamped "Livy" jean. This skinny jean cut will come with a medium waist, perfect if you want to avoid showing butt cleavage during holiday parties. For men in this collection, leather pants, knitwear and shirts all laser-cut with the collection's signature dots.
Diesel store locations:
Aventura Mall #733A, 19501 Biscayne Boulevard; 305-933-6055
801 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-535-9655
933 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 786-718-1555
- Coral Gables native and Miami-based designer Alexis Barbara Isaias shares her local musts.
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Dive Into Summer with Clinique's Pop-Up Truck
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- 6 Can’t Miss Miami Spa Month Retreats
- 5 Reasons Miami Spa Month is The Best
- Father's Day Gift Guide
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale