Diana Ross headlining annual gala
Make A Wish
For its 20th anniversary, the Intercontinental Miami Make-A-Wish Ball on Nov. 1 is inviting guests to follow the yellow brick road, so don’t expect a red carpet, if you get their drift. The theme: “Oz Reimagined.” The headliner: Diana Ross. Congrats will likely be in order for the former lead singer of The Supremes. Her son, actor-musician Evan Ross, 25, is set to marry Ashlee Simpson over Labor Day weekend at the Motown legend’s Connecticut estate. Yes, Diana, 70, will sing and is rumored to be very excited about the mother-son dance. Evan’s father is late shipping magnate Arne Naess Jr., Ross’s second husband. Tickets: www.makeawishball.com.
On Our Radar
- Ivanka Trump, on fashion, work, motherhood, Miami
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event