Diana Ross headlining annual gala
Make A Wish
For its 20th anniversary, the Intercontinental Miami Make-A-Wish Ball on Nov. 1 is inviting guests to follow the yellow brick road, so don’t expect a red carpet, if you get their drift. The theme: “Oz Reimagined.” The headliner: Diana Ross. Congrats will likely be in order for the former lead singer of The Supremes. Her son, actor-musician Evan Ross, 25, is set to marry Ashlee Simpson over Labor Day weekend at the Motown legend’s Connecticut estate. Yes, Diana, 70, will sing and is rumored to be very excited about the mother-son dance. Evan’s father is late shipping magnate Arne Naess Jr., Ross’s second husband. Tickets: www.makeawishball.com.
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie