Diana Ross headlining annual gala
Make A Wish
For its 20th anniversary, the Intercontinental Miami Make-A-Wish Ball on Nov. 1 is inviting guests to follow the yellow brick road, so don’t expect a red carpet, if you get their drift. The theme: “Oz Reimagined.” The headliner: Diana Ross. Congrats will likely be in order for the former lead singer of The Supremes. Her son, actor-musician Evan Ross, 25, is set to marry Ashlee Simpson over Labor Day weekend at the Motown legend’s Connecticut estate. Yes, Diana, 70, will sing and is rumored to be very excited about the mother-son dance. Evan’s father is late shipping magnate Arne Naess Jr., Ross’s second husband. Tickets: www.makeawishball.com.
On Our Radar
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness
- Alex Rodriguez buys pricey condo
- Eberjey joins bra drive, gives discounts during October.