Diana Krall: working it
She's a mom and all that jazz
Krall performs at 8 p.m. Saturday at Broward Center Au-Rene Theater, Fort Lauderdale; 954-462-0222, Ticketmaster.com.
Diana Krall isn't like most working moms. She's one half of a celebrity couple -- hubby is British superstar Elvis Costello -- and a lot (lot) of touring goes with the territory. Krall -- who splits time among Vancouver, London and New York -- is just back from Russia and will play the Broward Center Saturday night.
"The jet lag has been pretty full on with two 4-year-old boys," admits the jazz singer/pianist of the couple's twins, Dexter and Frank. "They're really experienced travelers so it's probably worse for the adults." The warmth will be welcome. "I take Vitamin D because I'm always in the dark," says the Cana- dian musician, 46. "It's like a little shot of sunshine, so it will be nice to get the real thing."
Though the tots are currently more into superheroes, the musician gene is starting to rub off. ‘‘They don't like to listen to us so much," the three-time Grammy winner says, laughing. "But they're singing. It's like watching a movie all day long."
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex