Diana Krall: working it
She's a mom and all that jazz
Krall performs at 8 p.m. Saturday at Broward Center Au-Rene Theater, Fort Lauderdale; 954-462-0222, Ticketmaster.com.
Diana Krall isn't like most working moms. She's one half of a celebrity couple -- hubby is British superstar Elvis Costello -- and a lot (lot) of touring goes with the territory. Krall -- who splits time among Vancouver, London and New York -- is just back from Russia and will play the Broward Center Saturday night.
"The jet lag has been pretty full on with two 4-year-old boys," admits the jazz singer/pianist of the couple's twins, Dexter and Frank. "They're really experienced travelers so it's probably worse for the adults." The warmth will be welcome. "I take Vitamin D because I'm always in the dark," says the Cana- dian musician, 46. "It's like a little shot of sunshine, so it will be nice to get the real thing."
Though the tots are currently more into superheroes, the musician gene is starting to rub off. ‘‘They don't like to listen to us so much," the three-time Grammy winner says, laughing. "But they're singing. It's like watching a movie all day long."
On Our Radar
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert