Diana Krall: working it
She's a mom and all that jazz
Krall performs at 8 p.m. Saturday at Broward Center Au-Rene Theater, Fort Lauderdale; 954-462-0222, Ticketmaster.com.
Diana Krall isn't like most working moms. She's one half of a celebrity couple -- hubby is British superstar Elvis Costello -- and a lot (lot) of touring goes with the territory. Krall -- who splits time among Vancouver, London and New York -- is just back from Russia and will play the Broward Center Saturday night.
"The jet lag has been pretty full on with two 4-year-old boys," admits the jazz singer/pianist of the couple's twins, Dexter and Frank. "They're really experienced travelers so it's probably worse for the adults." The warmth will be welcome. "I take Vitamin D because I'm always in the dark," says the Cana- dian musician, 46. "It's like a little shot of sunshine, so it will be nice to get the real thing."
Though the tots are currently more into superheroes, the musician gene is starting to rub off. ‘‘They don't like to listen to us so much," the three-time Grammy winner says, laughing. "But they're singing. It's like watching a movie all day long."
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges