`Dexter' stars Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter split
The good news: ``Dexter'' has been picked up for another season. Bad news: The chemistry between the two leads has changed. Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role of serial killer/blood s...
The good news: ``Dexter'' has been picked up for another season.
Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role of serial killer/blood spatter expert, and Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his foster sister/cop, are divorcing.
Their rep released a statement saying their split is ``amicable'' and that they've been separated for some time.
No reason was given, but the sparks between Hall, 39, and this season's guest star Julia Stiles were pretty intense. Could it have been an affair?
Time will tell, but the Hall marriage was under strain last year when the former ``Six Feet Under'' star was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and had to undergo grueling chemotherapy treatments.
Access Hollywood reports the on-set siblings reportedly had not been getting along all of season 5 (Deb did seem a bit chilly, no?) and Carpenter, 31, would complain about Hall to her castmates.
Now that Season 6 is set to start filming the set in Miami show in a few months, the ``Dexter'' crew are said to be concerned.
But the actors are are pros, of course, and actually don't interact as much as you'd think -- they're hardly in any scenes together, Hall has said.
The soon to be ex couple started dating in 2007 and married in January 2009; TMZ reports it was Carpenter who filed.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade