`Dexter' stars Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter split
The good news: ``Dexter'' has been picked up for another season. Bad news: The chemistry between the two leads has changed. Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role of serial killer/blood s...
The good news: ``Dexter'' has been picked up for another season.
Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role of serial killer/blood spatter expert, and Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his foster sister/cop, are divorcing.
Their rep released a statement saying their split is ``amicable'' and that they've been separated for some time.
No reason was given, but the sparks between Hall, 39, and this season's guest star Julia Stiles were pretty intense. Could it have been an affair?
Time will tell, but the Hall marriage was under strain last year when the former ``Six Feet Under'' star was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and had to undergo grueling chemotherapy treatments.
Access Hollywood reports the on-set siblings reportedly had not been getting along all of season 5 (Deb did seem a bit chilly, no?) and Carpenter, 31, would complain about Hall to her castmates.
Now that Season 6 is set to start filming the set in Miami show in a few months, the ``Dexter'' crew are said to be concerned.
But the actors are are pros, of course, and actually don't interact as much as you'd think -- they're hardly in any scenes together, Hall has said.
The soon to be ex couple started dating in 2007 and married in January 2009; TMZ reports it was Carpenter who filed.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'