`Dexter' stars Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter split
The good news: ``Dexter'' has been picked up for another season. Bad news: The chemistry between the two leads has changed. Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role of serial killer/blood s...
The good news: ``Dexter'' has been picked up for another season.
Michael C. Hall, who plays the lead role of serial killer/blood spatter expert, and Jennifer Carpenter, who plays his foster sister/cop, are divorcing.
Their rep released a statement saying their split is ``amicable'' and that they've been separated for some time.
No reason was given, but the sparks between Hall, 39, and this season's guest star Julia Stiles were pretty intense. Could it have been an affair?
Time will tell, but the Hall marriage was under strain last year when the former ``Six Feet Under'' star was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and had to undergo grueling chemotherapy treatments.
Access Hollywood reports the on-set siblings reportedly had not been getting along all of season 5 (Deb did seem a bit chilly, no?) and Carpenter, 31, would complain about Hall to her castmates.
Now that Season 6 is set to start filming the set in Miami show in a few months, the ``Dexter'' crew are said to be concerned.
But the actors are are pros, of course, and actually don't interact as much as you'd think -- they're hardly in any scenes together, Hall has said.
The soon to be ex couple started dating in 2007 and married in January 2009; TMZ reports it was Carpenter who filed.
On Our Radar
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert