Designer has a rich life
Designer Richie Rich kicked off the 16th season of Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach by hosting a stylish dinner party at Eden South Beach restaurant. The former club kid and co-creator ...
Designer Richie Rich kicked off the 16th season of Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach by hosting a stylish dinner party at Eden South Beach restaurant. The former club kid and co-creator of Heatherette is in town to showcase his new Villionaire line (“1920s-30s glamour meets the East Village’’) and his Sexxy Pop collaboration with Pachi Lake (wife of Miami Social’s Hardy Hill). We chatted up Richie on why he likes doing fashion shows in Miami, where his favorite hangout spots are and his future singing career.
New York is all about business. The weather can steal your soul, but Miami is fun. I love the atmosphere here and the audience. It’s more of a party here.
You are raising funds for Miami-Dade Animal Services. Why?
I love animals. I have two dogs. Rox, who is a Dachshund, and Riley, who is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My friend Pachi has the same ones. We have slumber parties.
Where do you go when you are here?
I love the nightlife. It’s sick, but in a good way. I like The Wall and SET. Pachi and I like to go to Twist and Score together. We also like karaoke at the Shelborne. We both sing really well. I’m a sushi person. I love Sushi Samba, Nobu, Doraku.
What’s the best fashion advice you can give Miami fans?
Be yourself and don’t be afraid to shine. I don’t care what people think of me. You have to be confident in what you do.
What else is new?
I want to come out with an album called Villionaire after my line. I sing fashion pop.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'