Designer has a rich life
Designer Richie Rich kicked off the 16th season of Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach by hosting a stylish dinner party at Eden South Beach restaurant. The former club kid and co-creator ...
Designer Richie Rich kicked off the 16th season of Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach by hosting a stylish dinner party at Eden South Beach restaurant. The former club kid and co-creator of Heatherette is in town to showcase his new Villionaire line (“1920s-30s glamour meets the East Village’’) and his Sexxy Pop collaboration with Pachi Lake (wife of Miami Social’s Hardy Hill). We chatted up Richie on why he likes doing fashion shows in Miami, where his favorite hangout spots are and his future singing career.
New York is all about business. The weather can steal your soul, but Miami is fun. I love the atmosphere here and the audience. It’s more of a party here.
You are raising funds for Miami-Dade Animal Services. Why?
I love animals. I have two dogs. Rox, who is a Dachshund, and Riley, who is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My friend Pachi has the same ones. We have slumber parties.
Where do you go when you are here?
I love the nightlife. It’s sick, but in a good way. I like The Wall and SET. Pachi and I like to go to Twist and Score together. We also like karaoke at the Shelborne. We both sing really well. I’m a sushi person. I love Sushi Samba, Nobu, Doraku.
What’s the best fashion advice you can give Miami fans?
Be yourself and don’t be afraid to shine. I don’t care what people think of me. You have to be confident in what you do.
What else is new?
I want to come out with an album called Villionaire after my line. I sing fashion pop.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast