Designer has a new line
Former club kid is still fabulous
Designer Richie Rich kicked off the 16th season of Funkshion Fashion Week Miami Beach by hosting a stylish dinner party at Eden South Beach restaurant. The former club kid and co-creator of Heatherette is in town to showcase his new Villionaire line (“1920s-30s glamour meets the East Village’’) and his Sexxy Pop collaboration with Pachi Lake. We chatted up Richie on why he likes doing fashion shows in Miami, where his favorite hangout spots are and his future singing career.
After being in New York Fashion Week, why would you come to Miami?
New York is all about business. The weather can steal your soul, but Miami is fun. I love the atmosphere here and the audience. It’s more of a party here.
You are raising funds for Miami-Dade Animal Services. Why?
I love animals. I have two dogs. Rox, who is a Dachshund, and Riley, who is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My friend Pachi has the same ones. We have slumber parties.
Where do you go when you are here? I love the nightlife. It’s sick, but in a good way. I like The Wall and SET. Pachi and I like to go to Twist and Score together. We also like karaoke at the Shelborne. We both sing really well. I’m a sushi person. I love Sushi Samba, Nobu, Doraku.
What’s the best fashion advice you can give Miami fans?
Be yourself and don’t be afraid to shine. I don’t care what people think of me. You have to be confident in what you do.
What else is new?
I want to come out with an album.
On Our Radar
- Once in a blue moon parties Friday
- Singer Bea Miller just getting started
- Local chef appearing on NBC show
- Real Housewives of OC star in Miami
- Fifth Harmony has a Miami connection
- Vape shops popping up everywhere
- Watch model Charlotte McKinney enjoy Miami during Swim Week in 20 seconds
- Eva Mendes personal appearance in Aventura
- Folk Night At MOCA
- Love story part 2: Ryan O' Neal, Ali McGraw together again