Dennis Rodman steals the show at gala
Philanthropist and The Real Housewives of Miami cast member Lea Black is really a mad social scientist of sorts, fusing the motliest of crews into one big philanthropic Petri dish. Her latest concoction was seen Saturday night at the Fontainebleau at her and her defense attorney husband Roy's haute hootenanny to raise money for a cause bigger than all the egos in the ballroom--children. And while we expected some people to act like children, the whole scene was surprisingly civilized and drama free. Sure, there were the grand camera-ready entrances of RHOM cast members Lisa Hochstein and Joanna Krupa, in attendance with their RHOM alum, the smart one that got away, dentist Karent Sierra. But it was nothing compared to the grandest entrance made by erstwhile cast member, drag queen Elaine Lancaster, who entered with long time BFF and recent, unofficial North Korean ambassador and Kim Jong-un idol Dennis Rodman. The duo was joined by former Miamian Lisa Pliner, who seemed to provide the larger than life Rodman with more than his fair share of amusement. Toto, we're not in Pyongyang anymore. Speaking of North Korea, Rodman spoke to us exclusively on his controversial trip there. "I have been contacted by the FBI and I met with them. They wanted to know what went on and who's really in charge in North Korea. I have been invited back to N.Korea in August and I want to go. I'm not a total idiot. I know what Kim Jong-un is threatening to do regarding his military muscle. I hope it doesn't happen because America will take whatever actions to protect America and our allies. I do think, umm, you know, that we have to talk to people who want to cause us harm so hopefully they won't. I've been talking to folks for years who don't get what I'm about but that's cool, 'cause once they walk away they like me. I might be able to keep folks' heads cool. We all going to find a way to get along and keep peace. Peace and love is where it is at, Lesley."
On Our Radar
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star
- Gwen Stefani helps kid who was bullied during concert