Dena Marino's MC Kitchen opening in Fratelli Lyon space this summer
Hailed Aspen chef who worked with Michael Chiarello debuts Design District Italian
4141 NE 2nd Ave.
After a stint at the now defunct DeVito that was almost shorter than Kim Kardashian's marriage, former Aspen chef Dena Marino is about to reenter the Miami dining scene with MC Kitchen, opening in the Fratelli Lyon space this summer ("August-ish," we're told) after a full renovation. Fratelli, incidentally, quietly closed a little over a week ago.
Known for her rustic Italian cuisine, Marino's menu will showcase modern techniques through the use of seasonal organic ingredients, house-cured meats and sausages as well as house-made cheeses and pastas. Wines will hail from boutique producers.
Says Marino, "I’ve watched the culinary scene blossom since I arrived here. We have some great chefs that are definitely doing their part to push the Miami foodscape. I hope to contribute to this movement in the company of my gastronomic neighbors while making a home for locals that want food done with integrity.”
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space