Dena Marino's MC Kitchen opening in Fratelli Lyon space this summer
Hailed Aspen chef who worked with Michael Chiarello debuts Design District Italian
4141 NE 2nd Ave.
After a stint at the now defunct DeVito that was almost shorter than Kim Kardashian's marriage, former Aspen chef Dena Marino is about to reenter the Miami dining scene with MC Kitchen, opening in the Fratelli Lyon space this summer ("August-ish," we're told) after a full renovation. Fratelli, incidentally, quietly closed a little over a week ago.
Known for her rustic Italian cuisine, Marino's menu will showcase modern techniques through the use of seasonal organic ingredients, house-cured meats and sausages as well as house-made cheeses and pastas. Wines will hail from boutique producers.
Says Marino, "I’ve watched the culinary scene blossom since I arrived here. We have some great chefs that are definitely doing their part to push the Miami foodscape. I hope to contribute to this movement in the company of my gastronomic neighbors while making a home for locals that want food done with integrity.”
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo