Dena Marino's MC Kitchen opening in Fratelli Lyon space this summer
Hailed Aspen chef who worked with Michael Chiarello debuts Design District Italian
4141 NE 2nd Ave.
After a stint at the now defunct DeVito that was almost shorter than Kim Kardashian's marriage, former Aspen chef Dena Marino is about to reenter the Miami dining scene with MC Kitchen, opening in the Fratelli Lyon space this summer ("August-ish," we're told) after a full renovation. Fratelli, incidentally, quietly closed a little over a week ago.
Known for her rustic Italian cuisine, Marino's menu will showcase modern techniques through the use of seasonal organic ingredients, house-cured meats and sausages as well as house-made cheeses and pastas. Wines will hail from boutique producers.
Says Marino, "I’ve watched the culinary scene blossom since I arrived here. We have some great chefs that are definitely doing their part to push the Miami foodscape. I hope to contribute to this movement in the company of my gastronomic neighbors while making a home for locals that want food done with integrity.”
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian