Dena Marino's MC Kitchen opening in Fratelli Lyon space this summer
Hailed Aspen chef who worked with Michael Chiarello debuts Design District Italian
After a stint at the now defunct DeVito that was almost shorter than Kim Kardashian's marriage, former Aspen chef Dena Marino is about to reenter the Miami dining scene with MC Kitchen, opening in the Fratelli Lyon space this summer ("August-ish," we're told) after a full renovation. Fratelli, incidentally, quietly closed a little over a week ago.
Known for her rustic Italian cuisine, Marino's menu will showcase modern techniques through the use of seasonal organic ingredients, house-cured meats and sausages as well as house-made cheeses and pastas. Wines will hail from boutique producers.
Says Marino, "I’ve watched the culinary scene blossom since I arrived here. We have some great chefs that are definitely doing their part to push the Miami foodscape. I hope to contribute to this movement in the company of my gastronomic neighbors while making a home for locals that want food done with integrity.”
4141 NE 2nd Ave.
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover