Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
Later this month
Demi Lovato has a busy schedule but knows she needs to make herself a priority. The 21-year-old X Factor judge is on the right track after a few rough years. The all-grown-up child star has talked publicly about her battle with depression, cutting and bulimia, but her new self-help book, Staying Strong (Feiwel and Friends) is not about all that. “It’s not the type of thing you read in one sitting,” says Lovato of the book which premiered as No. 1 on the New York Times Bestseller List in the Advice, How To, & Miscellaneous category on Monday. “I feel like I have a long story to tell, but I’m just not ready to write it. This is something else to inspire my fans.” Staying Strong contains 365 inspirational quotes and passages to basically help anyone get through the day.
“We live in a such a fast paced society; we don’t take the time for ourselves,” says Lovato. “If you can just set aside 10 minutes in the morning and read a page, it can really change your outlook, especially if you wake up grumpy or you’re in a crappy mood.”
The former Sonny With A Chance star isn’t only cleansing herself spiritually but physically, too. “I like to work out and do things for myself — a lot of self-care,” she says. “I see a chiropractor once or twice a week to keep my body aligned. It makes me feel better. I take my vitamins and started eating gluten-free and a lot of organic, even raw food, something I used to laugh at.”
The Skyscraper singer will definitely be getting a workout when she hits the stage at Y100’s Jingle Ball 2013 at the BB&T Center Dec. 20, along with such showbiz pals as Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Austin Mahone, Ariana Grande, Enrique Iglesias, Flo Rida and Jason Derulo. Don’t ask for a set list yet or even if any collaborative efforts are involved. “I have so much going on right now that I don’t know,” she says. “I may do a spur of the moment duet or bring a special guest on.”
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules