Set to open later this month, the flagship marks the brand's first U.S. door.
35 NE 40th Street, Design District
In first-in-market news, Spanish label DELPOZO will be opening its first U.S. flagship store in the Design District. Opening on February 20th, 2014, the space will boast 2,500 square feet and will call 35 N.E. 40th Street home. Following the opening of its first flagship store in Madrid this past March, the imminent Design District store marks the label’s international expansion — and a Miami coup to say the least.
For those unfamiliar with the Madrid-based brand, the women’s line is touted for its feminine yet modern sensibility. Think architectural shapes and interesting volumes replete with embellished details.
In keeping with DELPOZO Creative Director Josep Font’s vision, Font himself was personally involved with the store’s design and genesis. The jewel box shop boasts the brand’s signature hues, pale pink and black, along with brass fixtures, rich materials and oil-treated oak wood floors. Minimalist in its design, the clothing plays a major role in the store’s aesthetic.
After showing at New York Fashion Week in February with plans to return in September, the company has been picked up by about 20 retailers, including Opening Ceremony in New York, London and Los Angeles; Tender in Birmingham, Mich.; Capitol in Charlotte; DNA in Doha, Qatar, and Ryadh, Saudi Arabia, as well as Net-a-porter.com.
- Bal Harbour Shops Celebrates 50 Years with Fashion Project
- Louis Vuitton Opens in the Design District
- Sawgrass Mills Expanding
- Meet Designer Rachel Roy at Macy's Dadeland
- Meet RHONY Heather Thomson
- What to Wear at The World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship
- GBS Serving Up Free Get-Gorgeous Services
- Peep the Lilly Pultizer Jeep!
- New Store Openings at Aventura Mall
- Love is in the HAIR at Blo Midtown