Delano on Miami Beach undergoes changes; Florida Room vibe emerges at Blackbird Ordinary in downtown
Miami Beach hotel's bars not open to the public anymore
The times they are a changin’. Before you could easily occupy a seat at the bars at the Delano; in 2012, former patrons tell us you can’t unless you are a hotel guest.
(Sort of reminds us of the year the Delano opened, and we had to pose as a New York Magazine writer to step foot into the lobby.)
But while we’ve received some emails complaining of the neo-exclusivity at the Delano, it’s not entirely the case, say the PR people, who assure us that “During the day, Delano is open to non-hotel guests with confirmed reservations at the restaurant and spa. After 6 p.m., Delano’s new beach club is open via the 17th Street entrance.” As for that new beach club, we’re told it’s not really new, just a bit spruced up.
The Delano is bracing for the debut of its new hot spots, one of which is Bianca, the Italian restaurant taking over the space formerly known as Blue Door, which opens to the public on Jan. 26 with a new look. Shortly thereafter FDR takes over the space formerly known as The Florida Room.
Fans of The Florida Room, however, have been flocking across the causeway to the space formerly known as Transit Lounge and now known as Blackbird Ordinary at 729 SW First Ave., where lauded Florida Room bartender John Lermayer, the pied piper of the spirited set, has been spending some time. Owned by the same people who own Purdy Lounge, the place is “doing some great cocktails” thanks to “rock star bartenders,” we’re told.
- 13 things you can't miss this President's Day Weekend - Feb. 12-14
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Free Whiskey, rooftop revelry & parties for those who love and couldn't care less about the Super Bowl
- Things to do this weekend in Miami - Jan. 29-31
- Naughty By Nature at LIV, Fashion on Film at Bal Harbour, The Art of Rum and Spam
- Miami Latin Nightclubs
- Happy hours, Pink Floyd yoga, Trick Daddy, jazz & Nu Deco
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- Life in Color returns to Miami with Jack U, Zeds Dead, Steve Aoki and more
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke