Delano on Miami Beach undergoes changes; Florida Room vibe emerges at Blackbird Ordinary in downtown
Miami Beach hotel's bars not open to the public anymore
The times they are a changin’. Before you could easily occupy a seat at the bars at the Delano; in 2012, former patrons tell us you can’t unless you are a hotel guest.
(Sort of reminds us of the year the Delano opened, and we had to pose as a New York Magazine writer to step foot into the lobby.)
But while we’ve received some emails complaining of the neo-exclusivity at the Delano, it’s not entirely the case, say the PR people, who assure us that “During the day, Delano is open to non-hotel guests with confirmed reservations at the restaurant and spa. After 6 p.m., Delano’s new beach club is open via the 17th Street entrance.” As for that new beach club, we’re told it’s not really new, just a bit spruced up.
The Delano is bracing for the debut of its new hot spots, one of which is Bianca, the Italian restaurant taking over the space formerly known as Blue Door, which opens to the public on Jan. 26 with a new look. Shortly thereafter FDR takes over the space formerly known as The Florida Room.
Fans of The Florida Room, however, have been flocking across the causeway to the space formerly known as Transit Lounge and now known as Blackbird Ordinary at 729 SW First Ave., where lauded Florida Room bartender John Lermayer, the pied piper of the spirited set, has been spending some time. Owned by the same people who own Purdy Lounge, the place is “doing some great cocktails” thanks to “rock star bartenders,” we’re told.
- Is King of Diamonds strip club coming to Ocean Drive?
- Events in Miami this weekend June 24-26
- What's Hot in Wynwood Right Now
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- 12 events in Miami not to miss this weekend - June 18-20
- A Miami melange of martinis, shrimp, tacos, and silent discos
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- 13 things to do in Miami this weekend - June 10-12
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Get your block party on for free June 2