Del Toro Shoes
Peep Miami’s freshest shoe boutique.
The lowdown: All the cool kids wear Del Toro slippers and now you can see what all the fuss is about compliments of the shoe label’s first brick-and-mortar shop located in Wynwood.
Miami-based Del Toro Creative Director and Co-Founder Matthew Chevallard has singlehandedly convinced locals, athletes and celebrities alike that his customizable slippers, sneakers, wingtips, chukkas, drivers and espadrilles are a fashion force to be reckoned with — with sticking power.
The ‘hood: Tucked inside The Wynwood Building (the structure swathed in zebra stripes), the Del Toro shop calls Junior & Hatter and The Lab Miami neighbors.
The ambience: In keeping with Wynwood’s urban and artsy vibe, the Del Toro boutique is much like a gallery replete with mammoth murals by artists such as Evoca1, Hoxxoh and GG. Exposed concrete floors, cowhide rugs and a cozy leather couch beckon guests to sit back and chill to the music wafting through the airy space.
Highlights: Scoop up the label’s made-in-Italy Skull & Bone embroidered velvet slippers ($325) or create a bespoke pair with a choice from exotic skins such as stingray, crocodile, python, perch, salmon or ostrich (starting at $900 with a three to four month turnaround). Also must haves? The brand’s Palm Beach chic monogrammed slippers ($455). The boutique also boasts hats, belts, socks and wallets — perfect for those seeking Del Toro from head to toe.
Del Toro Shoes
2750 NW 3rd Avenue, Suite 22, Wynwood
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood