Deering Seafood Festival reels in the crowds next Sunday
Celebrate all the delicacies of the sea at the Deering Estates Seafood Festival this Sunday.
Deering Seafood Festival
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 24
Deering Estate at Cutler, 16701 SW 72nd Ave., Palmetto Bay
$15 in advance online and $25 the day of the event. Children 4 to 14 years are $5. Members of the Deering Estate Foundation are free. Proceeds will benefit the foundation.
Deering Estate hosts its annual Seafood Festival this Sunday, an island celebration for all ages starring Florida’s freshest fish and seafood prepared by area restaurants. The days activities include cooking demos with local executive chefs, on-going live entertainment, the Bahamian Junkanoo musical parade, pontoon boat rides to Chicken Key, a Lil’ Shrimp Kids Zone, Deering Discovery Cove, an Artist Village, and tours of the historic estate.
Proceeds benefit the Deering Estate Foundation and are used for preservation of and programming for the historic estate.
The festival will be held from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. March 24 at the Deering Estate at Cutler, 16701 SW 72nd Ave. in Palmetto Bay. It will feature live music, art and nature activities, as well as fish and seafood prepared by local restaurants.
Admission for adults is $15 in advance online and $25 the day of the event. Children 4 to 14 years are $5. Members of the Deering Estate Foundation are free. Proceeds will benefit the foundation.
See and Do
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida