Deering Seafood Festival reels in the crowds next Sunday
Celebrate all the delicacies of the sea at the Deering Estates Seafood Festival this Sunday.
Deering Estate hosts its annual Seafood Festival this Sunday, an island celebration for all ages starring Florida’s freshest fish and seafood prepared by area restaurants. The days activities include cooking demos with local executive chefs, on-going live entertainment, the Bahamian Junkanoo musical parade, pontoon boat rides to Chicken Key, a Lil’ Shrimp Kids Zone, Deering Discovery Cove, an Artist Village, and tours of the historic estate.
Proceeds benefit the Deering Estate Foundation and are used for preservation of and programming for the historic estate.
The festival will be held from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. March 24 at the Deering Estate at Cutler, 16701 SW 72nd Ave. in Palmetto Bay. It will feature live music, art and nature activities, as well as fish and seafood prepared by local restaurants.
Admission for adults is $15 in advance online and $25 the day of the event. Children 4 to 14 years are $5. Members of the Deering Estate Foundation are free. Proceeds will benefit the foundation.
Deering Seafood Festival
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 24
Deering Estate at Cutler, 16701 SW 72nd Ave., Palmetto Bay
$15 in advance online and $25 the day of the event. Children 4 to 14 years are $5. Members of the Deering Estate Foundation are free. Proceeds will benefit the foundation.
See and Do
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit
- Wade, Mourning and other celebs attend opening of Haitian photography exhibit in Wynwood