Deals & doings: Area 31, Cecconi’s, Talavera
Area 31 at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, features “Veuve on the Clock” from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday with the price of a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne set according to the hour -- $5 from 5 to 5:59 p.m., $6 from 6 to 6:59 p.m. and so forth; 305-424-5234.
Talavera executive chef Oscar del Rivero will do cooking demonstrations as part of the Coral Gables Tour of Kitchens on Saturday; 877-836-4849, www.coralgablesathome.org.
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Now that's a Good Pie: Davie bakery does sweet and savory
- Restaurant review: Bright colors, bold flavors at Cantina La Veinte
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Lucky Rice food event returns to Miami Beach