Deals & Doings
Feast on dining news & specials throughout the Magic City
Eat, drink & enjoy dining specials throughout the Magic City this week...
- Big City Tavern is welcoming fall with a slate of new seasonal dishes & drinks. Highlights include the pumpkin spice-tini (whipped cream vodka, pumpkin spice, cream, graham cracker crust), the harvest apple julep (Jack Daniels Honey, apple liqueur, fresh mint and club soda), Maine Lobster and cheddar mac & cheese, braised grouper and the roasted pork “Porchetta Panini“ with smoked maple cheddar, red ruby onion, apple butter and arugula on ciabatta.
- Casual Italian classics arrive in the Gables Tuesday (Oct 25) as Cibo Wine Bar opens for dinner at 45 Miracle Mile, 305-442-4925. The restaurant will feature stone-oven pizza, an Enomatic wine-dispensing system and specials like lobster Tuesdays.
- Duffy's Sports Grill woos diners with 180 plasma TVs, waterfront dining & weekday lunch specials from 11am-4pm. Specials include the $6.99 double play and the home plate lunch special. Duffy's M.V.P. members can enjoy 40% off all food purchase from 2-4pm during the afternoon break. 3969 NE 163 St, North Miami Beach; 305-760-2124.
- East End Brasserie, a traditional French bistro with executive chef Steve Zobel at the helm, is set for a soft opening Oct. 27 at the Atlantic Resort & Spa, 601 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, 954-567-8020.
- The Palm Miami is celebrating the luxe steak-house chain’s 85th anniversary with two specials: a three-course prix-fixe menu for $49.85 per person and surf and turf for two for $85. 9650 E. Bay Harbor Dr., Bay Harbor Islands, 305-868-7256.
- SoLita is hosting a breast cancer fundraiser from 6-9pm Thursday to benefit the Woman 2 Woman Breast Cancer Foundation. Donate $10 and get a free pink cocktail; make it $30 your group will get a bottle of rosé champagne. Guests are encouraged to wear pink. 1032 East Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale 954-357-2616.
- Sublime Restaurant & Bar hosts a craft beer tasting from 6-8pm Thursday. $15, participants who stay for dinner get 15 percent off the tab. 1431 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale, 954-615-1431
- JohnMartin’s Irish Pub and Restaurant is celebrating its grand re-opening with food and drink specials, live entertainment and prizes through Sunday. 253 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables, 305-445-3777.
- Taco & Tequila Showdown to pair Miami's best tortilla stuffers and spirits slingers
- Celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli to run restaurant at new Nautilus South Beach hotel
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids