David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
Collins Ave. Cuban landmark shuttering on April 20
Still bitter over the loss of long gone Jewish Miami landmarks like Wolfie's, Pumpernick's and The Rascal House, Miamians will now have to lament another door closing, this time the Cuban landmark that is David's Cafe at 1058 Collins Ave., serving its last cafe con leche on Sunday, April 20. This, after the Lincoln Road branch of David's closed over high rents back in 2012. As posted by owner Adrian Gonzalez on Facebook:
With Bitter Sweet Sorrow I Would Like to
Thank You All For 37 Years of
Loyal Patronage on Behalf of Myself & My Family.
This Chapter Where It All Started In 1977 Is Coming To A End,
But The Story Is Far From Over… We Will Be Closing Our Doors of
David's Cafe on 1058 Collins Ave on
Sunday April 20, 2014 at 3pm
We Invite You To Come Celebrate 37 Years of The American Dream
Sunday April 20, 2014
5pm to 8pm
Thank you, The Gonzalez Family &
The David’s Café Family — at David's Cafe.
As for the next chapter? We asked and will keep you posted.
- Free Food, Drink & More at My Ceviche Midtown's 3-Day Grand Opening Block Party Dec. 16
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress