David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
Collins Ave. Cuban landmark shuttering on April 20
Still bitter over the loss of long gone Jewish Miami landmarks like Wolfie's, Pumpernick's and The Rascal House, Miamians will now have to lament another door closing, this time the Cuban landmark that is David's Cafe at 1058 Collins Ave., serving its last cafe con leche on Sunday, April 20. This, after the Lincoln Road branch of David's closed over high rents back in 2012. As posted by owner Adrian Gonzalez on Facebook:
With Bitter Sweet Sorrow I Would Like to
Thank You All For 37 Years of
Loyal Patronage on Behalf of Myself & My Family.
This Chapter Where It All Started In 1977 Is Coming To A End,
But The Story Is Far From Over… We Will Be Closing Our Doors of
David's Cafe on 1058 Collins Ave on
Sunday April 20, 2014 at 3pm
We Invite You To Come Celebrate 37 Years of The American Dream
Sunday April 20, 2014
5pm to 8pm
Thank you, The Gonzalez Family &
The David’s Café Family — at David's Cafe.
As for the next chapter? We asked and will keep you posted.
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot