David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
Collins Ave. Cuban landmark shuttering on April 20
Still bitter over the loss of long gone Jewish Miami landmarks like Wolfie's, Pumpernick's and The Rascal House, Miamians will now have to lament another door closing, this time the Cuban landmark that is David's Cafe at 1058 Collins Ave., serving its last cafe con leche on Sunday, April 20. This, after the Lincoln Road branch of David's closed over high rents back in 2012. As posted by owner Adrian Gonzalez on Facebook:
With Bitter Sweet Sorrow I Would Like to
Thank You All For 37 Years of
Loyal Patronage on Behalf of Myself & My Family.
This Chapter Where It All Started In 1977 Is Coming To A End,
But The Story Is Far From Over… We Will Be Closing Our Doors of
David's Cafe on 1058 Collins Ave on
Sunday April 20, 2014 at 3pm
We Invite You To Come Celebrate 37 Years of The American Dream
Sunday April 20, 2014
5pm to 8pm
Thank you, The Gonzalez Family &
The David’s Café Family — at David's Cafe.
As for the next chapter? We asked and will keep you posted.
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami