Dave Barry at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Humorist Dave Barry presents his latest book I'll Mature When I'm Dead.
I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry
Saturday, May 8 at 3 p.m.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables.
Tickets $40, available at all Books & Books locations and at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Pulitzer Prize winning humorist Dave Barry presents his latest collection of essays I'll Mature When I'm Dead, in which he tackles life's most important issues. He offers advice for first-time-fathers-to-be (“The Heart of Dadness”), calls a truce in the battle of the sexes (“If You Will Just Shut Up, I Can Explain”), and critiques today’s hyper-involved parenting styles (“A Festival of Grimness”). He assesses his Hollywood career (“The Big Dumpster”), submits the ultimate 24 script, and even includes a bonus vampire novel (“Fangs of Endearment”).
Tickets are required for this event and may be purchased at all Books & Books locations and at Fairchild Garden, while supplies last. The $40 ticket package includes a copy of I’ll Mature When I’m Dead, entrance to the garden, tram tour of the premises, talk/Q&A/book signing with Dave Barry, and dessert reception to follow, sponsored by Whole Foods. (Companion tickets available upon request for $10.). Books may be redeemed at any Books & Books store or at the event. Tickets are $35 for Fairchild Garden members, only if purchased at Fairchild Garden.
Saturday, May 8 at 3 p.m. at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables.
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts and photo ops for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus