Dave Barry at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Humorist Dave Barry presents his latest book I'll Mature When I'm Dead.
I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry
Saturday, May 8 at 3 p.m.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables.
Tickets $40, available at all Books & Books locations and at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Pulitzer Prize winning humorist Dave Barry presents his latest collection of essays I'll Mature When I'm Dead, in which he tackles life's most important issues. He offers advice for first-time-fathers-to-be (“The Heart of Dadness”), calls a truce in the battle of the sexes (“If You Will Just Shut Up, I Can Explain”), and critiques today’s hyper-involved parenting styles (“A Festival of Grimness”). He assesses his Hollywood career (“The Big Dumpster”), submits the ultimate 24 script, and even includes a bonus vampire novel (“Fangs of Endearment”).
Tickets are required for this event and may be purchased at all Books & Books locations and at Fairchild Garden, while supplies last. The $40 ticket package includes a copy of I’ll Mature When I’m Dead, entrance to the garden, tram tour of the premises, talk/Q&A/book signing with Dave Barry, and dessert reception to follow, sponsored by Whole Foods. (Companion tickets available upon request for $10.). Books may be redeemed at any Books & Books store or at the event. Tickets are $35 for Fairchild Garden members, only if purchased at Fairchild Garden.
Saturday, May 8 at 3 p.m. at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables.
See and Do
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web