Save the date: Coral Gables
Ahh…historical Coral Gables...the perfect backdrop for a truly romantic and memorable date
Ahh… historical Coral Gables: the perfect backdrop for a truly romantic and memorable date. They don’t call it The City Beautiful for nothing. Quaint, charming and charismatic, CG has a plethora of off-the-beaten-path romantic sweet spots sure to make hearts swoon and put you and your date in the mood for L-O-V-E.
To make sure the evening starts off on a relaxed foot, unwind and enjoy a glass of wine at Copas and Tapas on the corner of Galiano and Miracle Mile. This intimate eatery has an extensive wine selection and their tapas are divine. Enjoy a glass of vino and share an ensaladilla rusa, the espescialidad de casa, with your date and you’ll be well on your way to una noche perfecta.
After cocktails, make your way to Cacao Restaurant, the epitome of Gables simple and chic. Located on Giralda Avenue, Cacao's cuisine is a balanced blend of classic Latin recipes with a modern interpretation. The restaurant presents a dining experience that engages all five senses: delectable on the palate, sensuous to the eyes, pleasing to the ears and to the touch and sweet smells of outstanding cuisine, fine wines and handmade chocolate – are you in the mood yet?
For some after dinner entertainment and dessert - if you still have room in your belly - Café Demetrio, located on Alhambra Circle, has live jazz music on Friday and Saturday evenings. Coral Gables’ first coffee house offers authentic 18th century European ambiance for the couple looking to connect on deeper level. Demetrio offers a wide selection of scrumptious European delicacies such as tiramisu and creme brulee, as well as a wide variety of sensational coffee drinks that are the perfect nightcap to a wonderful evening in The City Beautiful.
Got your own perfect Gables date spot? Leave a review!
See and Do
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie
- Magic City Casino's Ultimate Miami challenge returns with comedy, drag queens, cocktails and more