Danish architect in town for groundbreaking in Grove
It’s not every day you get to mingle with a world-renowned “starchitect.” Bjarke Ingels is the visionary behind the striking, spiraling design of the Grove at Grand Bay twin condo towers. The handsome Dane, 38, appeared at a groundbreaking ceremony and reception Wednesday evening. The award winner isn’t so hot about the “starchitect” term. “I think it’s a little tired now, frankly,” says the (rumored) bachelor. “It came right around the time Frank Gehry made architects into celebrities when he did the Guggenheim in Bilbao. He became this overnight sensation.” With his rock-star rep, Ingels invariably has various fans throwing himself at him — in person and in cyberspace. “I honestly think it’s good for the profession,” he says, oh so democratically. “Anything that has increased public interest in their cities and buildings and environment and the way they live. Just like you may go watch a movie because you have a crush on the movie star.”
On Our Radar
- Lil Wayne takes out loan
- Dance meets charity with SWAY
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding