Daniel Boulud's DBGB Kitchen to pop up at DB Bistro Miami
The DBGB menu will be available from May 27 to July 4.
DB Bistro Moderne
255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Monday-Friday, dinner Saturday
Contact: dbbistro.com/miami, 305-421-8800
Do you ever say to yourself, "You know what Miami needs? A French bistro where my friends and I can enjoy a whole roasted suckling pig and baked Alaska in the comfort of a posh wine cellar."
If so, you're in luck.
Über chef Daniel Boulud is bringing his New York DBGB Kitchen and Bar menu to Miami's DB Bistro Moderne for six weeks, May 27 through July 4. The pop-up celebrates DBGB's fifth anniversary in New York and its pending opening in Washington, D.C.
DB Bistro chef Jason Pringle will oversee DBGB's menu of housemade sausages, specialty burgers (The Frenchie: house-ground beef, confit pork belly, Morbier cheese, arugula and tomato on brioche with cornichon and fries) and mains.
For the grand DBGB experience, however, go for its whole-hog dinner.
For $495 plus tax and tip, up to eight people can feast in DB Bistro's private wine cellar. Start by noshing on Boulud's traditional tarte flambée and charcuterie as Pringle and team prepare a slow-roasted suckling pig stuffed with pork loin, Swiss chard and confit tomatoes.
The piggie comes with veggies from Loxahatchee's Swank Specialty Produce like roasted corn, grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes. Pastry chef Jerome Maure ends on a sweet note with DBGB's signature baked Alaska, finished tableside with flaming Grand Marnier.
The DBGB menu will be available in DB Bistro's bar and lounge from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and it will be available in addition to DB Bistro's regular lunch and dinner menus in the main dining room.
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice
- Veuve Clicquot celebrates Carnaval at the Thompson Miami Beach
- The List: The Federal's Ani Meinhold and Cesar Zapata
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin