Daniel Boulud's DBGB Kitchen to pop up at DB Bistro Miami
The DBGB menu will be available from May 27 to July 4.
DB Bistro Moderne
255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Monday-Friday, dinner Saturday
Contact: dbbistro.com/miami, 305-421-8800
Do you ever say to yourself, "You know what Miami needs? A French bistro where my friends and I can enjoy a whole roasted suckling pig and baked Alaska in the comfort of a posh wine cellar."
If so, you're in luck.
Über chef Daniel Boulud is bringing his New York DBGB Kitchen and Bar menu to Miami's DB Bistro Moderne for six weeks, May 27 through July 4. The pop-up celebrates DBGB's fifth anniversary in New York and its pending opening in Washington, D.C.
DB Bistro chef Jason Pringle will oversee DBGB's menu of housemade sausages, specialty burgers (The Frenchie: house-ground beef, confit pork belly, Morbier cheese, arugula and tomato on brioche with cornichon and fries) and mains.
For the grand DBGB experience, however, go for its whole-hog dinner.
For $495 plus tax and tip, up to eight people can feast in DB Bistro's private wine cellar. Start by noshing on Boulud's traditional tarte flambée and charcuterie as Pringle and team prepare a slow-roasted suckling pig stuffed with pork loin, Swiss chard and confit tomatoes.
The piggie comes with veggies from Loxahatchee's Swank Specialty Produce like roasted corn, grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes. Pastry chef Jerome Maure ends on a sweet note with DBGB's signature baked Alaska, finished tableside with flaming Grand Marnier.
The DBGB menu will be available in DB Bistro's bar and lounge from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and it will be available in addition to DB Bistro's regular lunch and dinner menus in the main dining room.
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie