Daniel Boulud appoints Matthieu Godard as db Bistro Moderne's new executive chef
Godard replaces the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak, who is heading to China
Daniel Boulud has appointed sous chef Matthieu Godard to replace the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak as executive chef of db Bistro Moderne. Verbiak is outta there June 15 and heading to Beijing to be closer to his wife's family and will resume his former position as sous chef at Maison Boulud . Goddard, who has been with Boulud at several of his restaurants since 2006, has been working parallel with Verbiak to ensure a smooth transition. Godard's specialty? "Definitely fish!" he says. "Maybe it's all that time I spent cooking at seaside resorts." Keep an eye out and a mouth open for his Mediterranean flavored roasted red snapper with a lemony sauce vierge of olive oil, tomatoes, Niçoise olives and capers.
255 Biscayne Blvd. Way
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"