Daniel Boulud appoints Matthieu Godard as db Bistro Moderne's new executive chef
Godard replaces the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak, who is heading to China
Daniel Boulud has appointed sous chef Matthieu Godard to replace the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak as executive chef of db Bistro Moderne. Verbiak is outta there June 15 and heading to Beijing to be closer to his wife's family and will resume his former position as sous chef at Maison Boulud . Goddard, who has been with Boulud at several of his restaurants since 2006, has been working parallel with Verbiak to ensure a smooth transition. Godard's specialty? "Definitely fish!" he says. "Maybe it's all that time I spent cooking at seaside resorts." Keep an eye out and a mouth open for his Mediterranean flavored roasted red snapper with a lemony sauce vierge of olive oil, tomatoes, Niçoise olives and capers.
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot