Daniel Boulud appoints Matthieu Godard as db Bistro Moderne's new executive chef
Godard replaces the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak, who is heading to China
Daniel Boulud has appointed sous chef Matthieu Godard to replace the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak as executive chef of db Bistro Moderne. Verbiak is outta there June 15 and heading to Beijing to be closer to his wife's family and will resume his former position as sous chef at Maison Boulud . Goddard, who has been with Boulud at several of his restaurants since 2006, has been working parallel with Verbiak to ensure a smooth transition. Godard's specialty? "Definitely fish!" he says. "Maybe it's all that time I spent cooking at seaside resorts." Keep an eye out and a mouth open for his Mediterranean flavored roasted red snapper with a lemony sauce vierge of olive oil, tomatoes, Niçoise olives and capers.
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in
- Slice of Brazil comes to life on urban farm in Fort Lauderdale
- Stephen Starr opening restaurant on YoungArts Miami campus