Daniel Boulud appoints Matthieu Godard as db Bistro Moderne's new executive chef
Godard replaces the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak, who is heading to China
Daniel Boulud has appointed sous chef Matthieu Godard to replace the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak as executive chef of db Bistro Moderne. Verbiak is outta there June 15 and heading to Beijing to be closer to his wife's family and will resume his former position as sous chef at Maison Boulud . Goddard, who has been with Boulud at several of his restaurants since 2006, has been working parallel with Verbiak to ensure a smooth transition. Godard's specialty? "Definitely fish!" he says. "Maybe it's all that time I spent cooking at seaside resorts." Keep an eye out and a mouth open for his Mediterranean flavored roasted red snapper with a lemony sauce vierge of olive oil, tomatoes, Niçoise olives and capers.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach