Daniel Boulud appoints Matthieu Godard as db Bistro Moderne's new executive chef
Godard replaces the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak, who is heading to China
Daniel Boulud has appointed sous chef Matthieu Godard to replace the outgoing Jarrod Verbiak as executive chef of db Bistro Moderne. Verbiak is outta there June 15 and heading to Beijing to be closer to his wife's family and will resume his former position as sous chef at Maison Boulud . Goddard, who has been with Boulud at several of his restaurants since 2006, has been working parallel with Verbiak to ensure a smooth transition. Godard's specialty? "Definitely fish!" he says. "Maybe it's all that time I spent cooking at seaside resorts." Keep an eye out and a mouth open for his Mediterranean flavored roasted red snapper with a lemony sauce vierge of olive oil, tomatoes, Niçoise olives and capers.
- Ms. Cheezious giving away free food & swag today in The Hangover Part III promo
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"