Dane's Cookin in Sunrise
Dane Cook is having the final show of his "Isolated Incident" tour this Saturday, Feburary 6th, in Sunrise.
1 Panther Pkwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33323
By Solange Reyner
Dane Cook is having the final show of his "Isolated Incident" tour this Saturday, Feburary 6th, in Sunrise. He sure looks excited to perform in sunny South Florida. We chatted with the savvy social media comedian before his performance.
Q: This is a more personal tour because of what you discuss. What went into the decision of going around the country again?
Dane: It's something that's in tune with what I'm going through and I wanted to bring that to my fans, the people who helped put me in this position in the first place. They've followed me this whole time. I lost both my parents to cancer and they loved watching me. They supported my standup comedy and I wanted to continue doing what I love.
Q: Was writing this a difficult process?
Dane: At first, it was because I was still dealing with my parents' death, but it turned into a positive therapy session that I needed.
Q: There are some haters out there regarding your work - especially earlier on in your career. What do you think about it all?
Dane: It's fine with me because I've received some great info from some of the best in the industry including Chris Rock and Robin Williams. My work speaks for itself.
Q: Something people don't know about you?
Dane: I play a lot of pickup basketball and I'm a pretty good cook.
Q: Who do you play ball with?
Dane: I surround myself with good, competitive players. I don't want to play with guys I can school - you know - that's not going to help me get any better.
See and Do
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to parks in Miami this summer
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more