Miami culture: Dance events
Dance lovers have plenty of performances to catch this week.
Ballet, contemporary dance and performance art lovers have a packed agenda this weekend:
Miami Contemporary Dance Company presents a dance piece focusing on the dreams of migrant farm-working women in South Florida and their relationship with their children, plus the "Black" section from "The Death of Garcia Lorca."
November 12-13 at 8 p.m. and November 19-20 at 8 p.m. colony Theatre, 1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-674-1040. Tickets $20-$35.
An Invitation to Dance
Next Step Dance company presents contemporary dance performances from its repertory including “Summertime,” “Silenzio,” “Photograph,” “The Other Side,” “Surrender,” “Woodblock Study” and “One For My Baby.”
November 13 at 8 p.m. Aventura Arts & Cultural Center, 3385 NE 188th St., Aventura; 954-462-0222. Tickets $26.50.
Miami City Ballet- Program 1
If you missed them in Miami then head up to Broward to catch the Miami City Ballet's Program 1 featuring "Fanfare," choreographed by Jerome Robbins, music by Benjamin Britten and narrated by Edward Villella. Also features "Bugaku" choreographed by George Balanchine and music by Mayazumi and "Theme and Variations" choreographed by Balanchine and music by Tchaikovsky.
November 11-14 at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m. Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW Fifth Ave., Fort Lauderdale; 954-462-0222. Tickets $19-$169.
Multidisciplinary performance work created by Daniel Arsham, Miami visual artist, Jonah Bokaer, performance and media artist, and choreographer Judith Sanchez Ruiz.
Saturday, November 13 at 7 p.m. Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA),770 NE 125th St., North Miami; 305-893-6211. $15, $10 MOCA members, North Miami residents and City of North Miami employees
See and Do
- A complete guide to Miami's many museums
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?
- 7 museums to visit during Miami Museum Month
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Wynwood Art Walk moves to a larger street for monthly event in Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair