Dachshund Winterfest celebrates our beloved hot dogs
South Beach Dachshund Winterfest will bring hundreds of doxies and their human companions to Lummus Park for some dachshund socializing, fortune-telling and a grand march.
South Beach Dachshund Winterfest, noon Jan. 26.
Lummus Park, Ocean Drive between 11th and 12th Streets, Miami Beach.
It's a great weekend for dog lovers in South Florida. If your pooch didn't qualifiy for the American Kennel Club All-Breed Agility Trials then head to South Beach on Saturday for the Dachshund Winterfest, a social gathering of dachshunds and their people to benefit Dachshund Rescue South Florida. There will be fortune telling, a talent contest, the grand march, shopping and raffles, the DachSong singing and more. Doxies and their people are welcome to the free event. Other breeds will be honorary doxies for the day.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, family movies & freebie crafts: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 26-28
- Spanish singer Pitingo’s “Souleria” blends flamenco with R&B soul
- Little Havana’s Viernes Culturales still serves up Latin culture
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center