Dachshund Winterfest celebrates our beloved hot dogs
South Beach Dachshund Winterfest will bring hundreds of doxies and their human companions to Lummus Park for some dachshund socializing, fortune-telling and a grand march.
South Beach Dachshund Winterfest, noon Jan. 26.
Lummus Park, Ocean Drive between 11th and 12th Streets, Miami Beach.
It's a great weekend for dog lovers in South Florida. If your pooch didn't qualifiy for the American Kennel Club All-Breed Agility Trials then head to South Beach on Saturday for the Dachshund Winterfest, a social gathering of dachshunds and their people to benefit Dachshund Rescue South Florida. There will be fortune telling, a talent contest, the grand march, shopping and raffles, the DachSong singing and more. Doxies and their people are welcome to the free event. Other breeds will be honorary doxies for the day.
See and Do
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web