Michael Schwartz debuts the Cypress Room Wednesday, March 27
Schwartz's 4th restaurant pays homage to "elegant American cuisine"
Michael Schwartz's much anticipated fourth restaurant, The Cypress Room, opens for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia has conspired with Schwartz to create "A nod to the spirit of classic 1920s fine dining" using ingredients hand picked from "America's best small farmers, foragers and fishermen." Another nod to the 20s is booze and The Cypress Room's "beverage book," boasts "a focused collection of cocktails including aperitif, classic, cask-aged and house specialties." And to finish it all off, Hedy Goldsmith's "finely spun dessert menu." The vibe is retro fab old Florida with a side of swank--crystal chandeliers, rose colored wallpaper, ivy and a wainscotted reclaimed pecky cypress paneled wall. The Cypress Room will be open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach