Michael Schwartz debuts the Cypress Room Wednesday, March 27
Schwartz's 4th restaurant pays homage to "elegant American cuisine"
Michael Schwartz's much anticipated fourth restaurant, The Cypress Room, opens for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia has conspired with Schwartz to create "A nod to the spirit of classic 1920s fine dining" using ingredients hand picked from "America's best small farmers, foragers and fishermen." Another nod to the 20s is booze and The Cypress Room's "beverage book," boasts "a focused collection of cocktails including aperitif, classic, cask-aged and house specialties." And to finish it all off, Hedy Goldsmith's "finely spun dessert menu." The vibe is retro fab old Florida with a side of swank--crystal chandeliers, rose colored wallpaper, ivy and a wainscotted reclaimed pecky cypress paneled wall. The Cypress Room will be open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto