Michael Schwartz debuts the Cypress Room Wednesday, March 27
Schwartz's 4th restaurant pays homage to "elegant American cuisine"
Michael Schwartz's much anticipated fourth restaurant, The Cypress Room, opens for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia has conspired with Schwartz to create "A nod to the spirit of classic 1920s fine dining" using ingredients hand picked from "America's best small farmers, foragers and fishermen." Another nod to the 20s is booze and The Cypress Room's "beverage book," boasts "a focused collection of cocktails including aperitif, classic, cask-aged and house specialties." And to finish it all off, Hedy Goldsmith's "finely spun dessert menu." The vibe is retro fab old Florida with a side of swank--crystal chandeliers, rose colored wallpaper, ivy and a wainscotted reclaimed pecky cypress paneled wall. The Cypress Room will be open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand