Michael Schwartz debuts the Cypress Room Wednesday, March 27
Schwartz's 4th restaurant pays homage to "elegant American cuisine"
Michael Schwartz's much anticipated fourth restaurant, The Cypress Room, opens for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia has conspired with Schwartz to create "A nod to the spirit of classic 1920s fine dining" using ingredients hand picked from "America's best small farmers, foragers and fishermen." Another nod to the 20s is booze and The Cypress Room's "beverage book," boasts "a focused collection of cocktails including aperitif, classic, cask-aged and house specialties." And to finish it all off, Hedy Goldsmith's "finely spun dessert menu." The vibe is retro fab old Florida with a side of swank--crystal chandeliers, rose colored wallpaper, ivy and a wainscotted reclaimed pecky cypress paneled wall. The Cypress Room will be open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to midnight.
3620 NE 2nd Ave.
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"