Michael Schwartz debuts the Cypress Room Wednesday, March 27
Schwartz's 4th restaurant pays homage to "elegant American cuisine"
Michael Schwartz's much anticipated fourth restaurant, The Cypress Room, opens for dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Chef de cuisine Roel Alcudia has conspired with Schwartz to create "A nod to the spirit of classic 1920s fine dining" using ingredients hand picked from "America's best small farmers, foragers and fishermen." Another nod to the 20s is booze and The Cypress Room's "beverage book," boasts "a focused collection of cocktails including aperitif, classic, cask-aged and house specialties." And to finish it all off, Hedy Goldsmith's "finely spun dessert menu." The vibe is retro fab old Florida with a side of swank--crystal chandeliers, rose colored wallpaper, ivy and a wainscotted reclaimed pecky cypress paneled wall. The Cypress Room will be open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to midnight.
3620 NE 2nd Ave.
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami