Cure All: Miami Smokers need your help to build the city's Artisan Curing Center
Three days left in Miami Smokers' Kickstarter campaign
Smoking is so in. Just ask Miamians Andres Barrientos and James Bowers of Miami Smokers, “a smokehouse on a mission to bring timeless curing/smoking techniques and heritage pig to the sunny streets and the shady peeps of the 305,” who are urging folks to support local and as they near the close of their 30-day Kickstarter Campaign. While the duo claim to be the city’s only smokehouse and producer of artisan bacon – servicing restaurants such as The Federal, Blue Collar, Azucar Ice Cream Company, Michael Mina’s Restaurant 74 and the Biscayne Marriott – their Kickstarter Campaign is raising funds to build a fully functioning, humidity and temperature controlled Artisan Curing Center (ACC). Adjacent to their locale in Little Havana, the USDA curing facility would be open to chefs and local artisans alike to produce their own charcuterie. The Miami Smokers’ Kickstarter page, offers a slew of pledge options, from $1 to $8,000, with rewards ranging from branded swag to food such as candied bacon and charcuterie of the month, and even private dinners or whole roasted pig parties. The Miami Smokers ACC project will only be funded if $25,000 is pledged by Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5:20 a.m. Supporters can monitor progress, learn more about the project, or donate at www.kickstarter.com/projects/miamismokers/miami-smokers-urban-smokehouse.
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood