Cure All: Miami Smokers need your help to build the city's Artisan Curing Center
Three days left in Miami Smokers' Kickstarter campaign
Smoking is so in. Just ask Miamians Andres Barrientos and James Bowers of Miami Smokers, “a smokehouse on a mission to bring timeless curing/smoking techniques and heritage pig to the sunny streets and the shady peeps of the 305,” who are urging folks to support local and as they near the close of their 30-day Kickstarter Campaign. While the duo claim to be the city’s only smokehouse and producer of artisan bacon – servicing restaurants such as The Federal, Blue Collar, Azucar Ice Cream Company, Michael Mina’s Restaurant 74 and the Biscayne Marriott – their Kickstarter Campaign is raising funds to build a fully functioning, humidity and temperature controlled Artisan Curing Center (ACC). Adjacent to their locale in Little Havana, the USDA curing facility would be open to chefs and local artisans alike to produce their own charcuterie. The Miami Smokers’ Kickstarter page, offers a slew of pledge options, from $1 to $8,000, with rewards ranging from branded swag to food such as candied bacon and charcuterie of the month, and even private dinners or whole roasted pig parties. The Miami Smokers ACC project will only be funded if $25,000 is pledged by Friday, January 3, 2014 at 5:20 a.m. Supporters can monitor progress, learn more about the project, or donate at www.kickstarter.com/projects/miamismokers/miami-smokers-urban-smokehouse.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!