Culture Shock Miami: Memorial Day Weekend Cultural Deals
Visit Miami's museums and see great performances for less than the cost of a venti latte.
Culture Shock Miami
Sure, you can spend your three-day weekend Diddy-watching or camped out at your uncle's backyard barbecue, but there are some alternatives if you are longing for culture yet short on cash. Culture Shock Miami is a program by the Miami-Dade County’s Department of Cultural Affairs that offers students ages 13-22 tickets to museums and exciting events all around Miami at a discounted price.
Take advantage this Memorial Day Weekend and visit attractions like the Bass Museum, the Wolfsonian, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Miami Metrozoo and others for two for $5. Each student who purchases a Culture Shock ticket through www.cultureshockmiami.com can also purchase an extra ticket at a discounted price, so a parent, sibling or friend can also enjoy watching and attending South Florida’s premiere cultural events at discounted prices.
Get discounted tickets through Culture Shock Miami for the following performances this week as well:
The Red Shoes – Momentum Dance Company
A young ballerina is torn between two forces: the composer who loves her, and the impresario determined to fashion her into a great dancer. This 1948 classic film has been the inspiration for aspiring ballerinas. Professional dancers will be on hand to discuss the hard personal choices that their profession demands.
May 26, 2010 at 8 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque
Some Things Revealed
Presented by Brazz Dance Theater and Moving Current Collective (Tampa) as a way to celebrate aesthetic diversity and the coming together of singular approaches to the creation of dance. Includes pre-performance presentation of 2010 Miami Dance Festival Awards at 8:15 p.m. on Saturday, May 29.
May 28-29 at 8:30 p.m. at Byron Carlyle Theatre, 500 71st St., Miami Beach; 305-867-4194.
To buy tickets visit www.cultureshockmiami.com.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami