Culture Shock Miami: Memorial Day Weekend Cultural Deals
Visit Miami's museums and see great performances for less than the cost of a venti latte.
Culture Shock Miami
Sure, you can spend your three-day weekend Diddy-watching or camped out at your uncle's backyard barbecue, but there are some alternatives if you are longing for culture yet short on cash. Culture Shock Miami is a program by the Miami-Dade County’s Department of Cultural Affairs that offers students ages 13-22 tickets to museums and exciting events all around Miami at a discounted price.
Take advantage this Memorial Day Weekend and visit attractions like the Bass Museum, the Wolfsonian, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Miami Metrozoo and others for two for $5. Each student who purchases a Culture Shock ticket through www.cultureshockmiami.com can also purchase an extra ticket at a discounted price, so a parent, sibling or friend can also enjoy watching and attending South Florida’s premiere cultural events at discounted prices.
Get discounted tickets through Culture Shock Miami for the following performances this week as well:
The Red Shoes – Momentum Dance Company
A young ballerina is torn between two forces: the composer who loves her, and the impresario determined to fashion her into a great dancer. This 1948 classic film has been the inspiration for aspiring ballerinas. Professional dancers will be on hand to discuss the hard personal choices that their profession demands.
May 26, 2010 at 8 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque
Some Things Revealed
Presented by Brazz Dance Theater and Moving Current Collective (Tampa) as a way to celebrate aesthetic diversity and the coming together of singular approaches to the creation of dance. Includes pre-performance presentation of 2010 Miami Dance Festival Awards at 8:15 p.m. on Saturday, May 29.
May 28-29 at 8:30 p.m. at Byron Carlyle Theatre, 500 71st St., Miami Beach; 305-867-4194.
To buy tickets visit www.cultureshockmiami.com.
See and Do
- Filmgate Interactive festival spotlights experimental film and performance
- Miami Events - February 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 30-Feb. 1
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- South Florida theater season is heating up
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25