Culture Shock Miami: Memorial Day Weekend Cultural Deals
Visit Miami's museums and see great performances for less than the cost of a venti latte.
Culture Shock Miami
Sure, you can spend your three-day weekend Diddy-watching or camped out at your uncle's backyard barbecue, but there are some alternatives if you are longing for culture yet short on cash. Culture Shock Miami is a program by the Miami-Dade County’s Department of Cultural Affairs that offers students ages 13-22 tickets to museums and exciting events all around Miami at a discounted price.
Take advantage this Memorial Day Weekend and visit attractions like the Bass Museum, the Wolfsonian, the Museum of Contemporary Art, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Miami Metrozoo and others for two for $5. Each student who purchases a Culture Shock ticket through www.cultureshockmiami.com can also purchase an extra ticket at a discounted price, so a parent, sibling or friend can also enjoy watching and attending South Florida’s premiere cultural events at discounted prices.
Get discounted tickets through Culture Shock Miami for the following performances this week as well:
The Red Shoes – Momentum Dance Company
A young ballerina is torn between two forces: the composer who loves her, and the impresario determined to fashion her into a great dancer. This 1948 classic film has been the inspiration for aspiring ballerinas. Professional dancers will be on hand to discuss the hard personal choices that their profession demands.
May 26, 2010 at 8 p.m. at the Miami Beach Cinematheque
Some Things Revealed
Presented by Brazz Dance Theater and Moving Current Collective (Tampa) as a way to celebrate aesthetic diversity and the coming together of singular approaches to the creation of dance. Includes pre-performance presentation of 2010 Miami Dance Festival Awards at 8:15 p.m. on Saturday, May 29.
May 28-29 at 8:30 p.m. at Byron Carlyle Theatre, 500 71st St., Miami Beach; 305-867-4194.
To buy tickets visit www.cultureshockmiami.com.
See and Do
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock
- Free movies, camp, crafts & Munchkin Fun's top picks for your post-holiday week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 4-6