Classical music for young and old.
DRANOFF and NWS
A collaboration between Dranoff laureates Stephanie and Saar and the New World Symphony percussion featuring Andre Boucourechilev’s Archipel I, a piece for two pianos and percussion.
Saturday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Theater, Miami Beach; 305-572-9900
A SPOOKY SYMPHONY
A concert for the kids with a repertoire of spooky songs performed by The Greater Miami Youth Symphony and the Alhambra Orchestra featuring excerpts from Symphonie Fantastique, The Three-Cornered Hat and other classical pieces plus music from "Lord of the Rings"and "Phantom of the Opera." Come early and in costume for pre-show festivities.
Saturday, October 23 at 4 p.m. Gusman Center, 174 E. Flagler St., Miami; 305-267-3002. Free.
WAVES OF BLUE
Florida Atlantic University's Wind Ensemble (conductor Kyle Prescott) and pianist Heather Coltman perform Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. Also features Duelling Divas, FAU Chamber Singers (conductor Patricia Fleitas), piano-duo Judith Burganger and Leonid Treer, Klezmer Company Orchestra and Uwwallo Messengers, FAU’s small jazz ensemble.
Sunday, October 24 at 3 p.m. Carole & Barry Kaye Performing Arts Auditorium-FIU, 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton; Tickets $25. 800-564-9539.
Miami Symphony Orchestra presents trumpet legend Arturo Sandoval. The program includes Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7 in A major. Also features world premiere of the Rivera’s Concierto de Miami for Trumpet and Orchestra with Arturo Sandoval, and Ravel’s Bolero.
Sunday, October 24 at 8 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Tickets $20-$150 at www.festivalmiami.com.
See and Do
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo
- New World Symphony releases Wallcast concert series schedule for 2014-2015
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- Raw intimacy in Carlota Pradera’s ‘Bare Bones’ at the Miami Theater Center
- Miami choreographer Rosie Herrera turns life in a Cuban cabaret to art for ‘Show.Girl.’ with Ballet Hispanico
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public