Classical music for young and old.
DRANOFF and NWS
A collaboration between Dranoff laureates Stephanie and Saar and the New World Symphony percussion featuring Andre Boucourechilev’s Archipel I, a piece for two pianos and percussion.
Saturday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Theater, Miami Beach; 305-572-9900
A SPOOKY SYMPHONY
A concert for the kids with a repertoire of spooky songs performed by The Greater Miami Youth Symphony and the Alhambra Orchestra featuring excerpts from Symphonie Fantastique, The Three-Cornered Hat and other classical pieces plus music from "Lord of the Rings"and "Phantom of the Opera." Come early and in costume for pre-show festivities.
Saturday, October 23 at 4 p.m. Gusman Center, 174 E. Flagler St., Miami; 305-267-3002. Free.
WAVES OF BLUE
Florida Atlantic University's Wind Ensemble (conductor Kyle Prescott) and pianist Heather Coltman perform Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. Also features Duelling Divas, FAU Chamber Singers (conductor Patricia Fleitas), piano-duo Judith Burganger and Leonid Treer, Klezmer Company Orchestra and Uwwallo Messengers, FAU’s small jazz ensemble.
Sunday, October 24 at 3 p.m. Carole & Barry Kaye Performing Arts Auditorium-FIU, 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton; Tickets $25. 800-564-9539.
Miami Symphony Orchestra presents trumpet legend Arturo Sandoval. The program includes Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7 in A major. Also features world premiere of the Rivera’s Concierto de Miami for Trumpet and Orchestra with Arturo Sandoval, and Ravel’s Bolero.
Sunday, October 24 at 8 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Tickets $20-$150 at www.festivalmiami.com.
See and Do
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- A more modest ‘Anything Goes’ docks at the Broward Center
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Bayfront Park upgrades summer lineup in downtown Miami
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- #HowToMiami - Street Art
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo