Classical music for young and old.
DRANOFF and NWS
A collaboration between Dranoff laureates Stephanie and Saar and the New World Symphony percussion featuring Andre Boucourechilev’s Archipel I, a piece for two pianos and percussion.
Saturday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Theater, Miami Beach; 305-572-9900
A SPOOKY SYMPHONY
A concert for the kids with a repertoire of spooky songs performed by The Greater Miami Youth Symphony and the Alhambra Orchestra featuring excerpts from Symphonie Fantastique, The Three-Cornered Hat and other classical pieces plus music from "Lord of the Rings"and "Phantom of the Opera." Come early and in costume for pre-show festivities.
Saturday, October 23 at 4 p.m. Gusman Center, 174 E. Flagler St., Miami; 305-267-3002. Free.
WAVES OF BLUE
Florida Atlantic University's Wind Ensemble (conductor Kyle Prescott) and pianist Heather Coltman perform Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. Also features Duelling Divas, FAU Chamber Singers (conductor Patricia Fleitas), piano-duo Judith Burganger and Leonid Treer, Klezmer Company Orchestra and Uwwallo Messengers, FAU’s small jazz ensemble.
Sunday, October 24 at 3 p.m. Carole & Barry Kaye Performing Arts Auditorium-FIU, 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton; Tickets $25. 800-564-9539.
Miami Symphony Orchestra presents trumpet legend Arturo Sandoval. The program includes Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7 in A major. Also features world premiere of the Rivera’s Concierto de Miami for Trumpet and Orchestra with Arturo Sandoval, and Ravel’s Bolero.
Sunday, October 24 at 8 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Tickets $20-$150 at www.festivalmiami.com.
See and Do
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Wynwood Art Walk moves to a larger street for monthly event in Miami
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- A 'Sound of Music’ that hits many of the right notes
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 9 features you won’t want to miss
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend