Classical music for young and old.
DRANOFF and NWS
A collaboration between Dranoff laureates Stephanie and Saar and the New World Symphony percussion featuring Andre Boucourechilev’s Archipel I, a piece for two pianos and percussion.
Saturday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m. at the Lincoln Theater, Miami Beach; 305-572-9900
A SPOOKY SYMPHONY
A concert for the kids with a repertoire of spooky songs performed by The Greater Miami Youth Symphony and the Alhambra Orchestra featuring excerpts from Symphonie Fantastique, The Three-Cornered Hat and other classical pieces plus music from "Lord of the Rings"and "Phantom of the Opera." Come early and in costume for pre-show festivities.
Saturday, October 23 at 4 p.m. Gusman Center, 174 E. Flagler St., Miami; 305-267-3002. Free.
WAVES OF BLUE
Florida Atlantic University's Wind Ensemble (conductor Kyle Prescott) and pianist Heather Coltman perform Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. Also features Duelling Divas, FAU Chamber Singers (conductor Patricia Fleitas), piano-duo Judith Burganger and Leonid Treer, Klezmer Company Orchestra and Uwwallo Messengers, FAU’s small jazz ensemble.
Sunday, October 24 at 3 p.m. Carole & Barry Kaye Performing Arts Auditorium-FIU, 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton; Tickets $25. 800-564-9539.
Miami Symphony Orchestra presents trumpet legend Arturo Sandoval. The program includes Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7 in A major. Also features world premiere of the Rivera’s Concierto de Miami for Trumpet and Orchestra with Arturo Sandoval, and Ravel’s Bolero.
Sunday, October 24 at 8 p.m. Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Tickets $20-$150 at www.festivalmiami.com.
See and Do
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Miami.com debuts ‘Ocho de Noche’ series with exclusive event at Teatro Trail on Aug. 26
- A complete guide to Miami's many museums
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?