Crust Pizza by chef Klime Kovaceski opening by the Miami River
Pizza on the Miami River
Chef Klime Kovaceski, formerly of the hailed Miami Beach restaurant Crystal Cafe and more recently at the now-defunct Trio on the Bay, is opening CRUST, an eat-in and delivery pizza place on the Miami River that is slated to open in September.
“Crust is not some nostalgic waltz into my past: I’ll leave the Greatest Hits routine for aging rock stars. It is, instead, a natural extension of my passion for feeding people and being part of the food world’s exciting present and future," Kovaceski told us.
Pizzas on the menu will include: Mediterranean with fresh tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onion and garlic; Truffled Pizza with tomato, arugula, shaved parmesan and white truffle oil; Pesto with pine nut-basil pesto, artichokes, tomato and goat cheese; and Crust with fig, prosciutto and blue cheese.
The space is owned by the same person who owns its neighbor, Seasalt & Pepper.
668 NW 5th St., Miami
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down