Crust Pizza by chef Klime Kovaceski opening by the Miami River
Pizza on the Miami River
Chef Klime Kovaceski, formerly of the hailed Miami Beach restaurant Crystal Cafe and more recently at the now-defunct Trio on the Bay, is opening CRUST, an eat-in and delivery pizza place on the Miami River that is slated to open in September.
“Crust is not some nostalgic waltz into my past: I’ll leave the Greatest Hits routine for aging rock stars. It is, instead, a natural extension of my passion for feeding people and being part of the food world’s exciting present and future," Kovaceski told us.
Pizzas on the menu will include: Mediterranean with fresh tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onion and garlic; Truffled Pizza with tomato, arugula, shaved parmesan and white truffle oil; Pesto with pine nut-basil pesto, artichokes, tomato and goat cheese; and Crust with fig, prosciutto and blue cheese.
The space is owned by the same person who owns its neighbor, Seasalt & Pepper.
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami