Crust Pizza by chef Klime Kovaceski opening by the Miami River
Pizza on the Miami River
Chef Klime Kovaceski, formerly of the hailed Miami Beach restaurant Crystal Cafe and more recently at the now-defunct Trio on the Bay, is opening CRUST, an eat-in and delivery pizza place on the Miami River that is slated to open in September.
“Crust is not some nostalgic waltz into my past: I’ll leave the Greatest Hits routine for aging rock stars. It is, instead, a natural extension of my passion for feeding people and being part of the food world’s exciting present and future," Kovaceski told us.
Pizzas on the menu will include: Mediterranean with fresh tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onion and garlic; Truffled Pizza with tomato, arugula, shaved parmesan and white truffle oil; Pesto with pine nut-basil pesto, artichokes, tomato and goat cheese; and Crust with fig, prosciutto and blue cheese.
The space is owned by the same person who owns its neighbor, Seasalt & Pepper.
668 NW 5th St., Miami
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years