Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
Utah craft brew is tart, lemony and perfect with grilled shrimp.
Beer: Uinta Brewing’s 21st Birthday Suit
Style: Sour farmhouse ale
Alcohol: 6.3 percent by volume
Price: $12 for a 750-ml bottle at Whole Foods Market
Story: Utah’s Uinta Brewing Co. marks its coming-of-legal-age birthday with a farmhouse-style ale, sort of a cross between a saison and a Berlinerweisse, that has a lemony tartness. Pack this in the cooler at your next backyard BBQ.
Pairing: 21st Birthday Suit’s refreshing tang tempers the heat of grilled lemon-pepper shrimp skewers. Or, try it with an order of the simply grilled tiger prawns with paprika at Mandolin Aegean Bistro, 4312 NE Second Ave., Miami.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now