Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
Utah craft brew is tart, lemony and perfect with grilled shrimp.
Beer: Uinta Brewing’s 21st Birthday Suit
Style: Sour farmhouse ale
Alcohol: 6.3 percent by volume
Price: $12 for a 750-ml bottle at Whole Foods Market
Story: Utah’s Uinta Brewing Co. marks its coming-of-legal-age birthday with a farmhouse-style ale, sort of a cross between a saison and a Berlinerweisse, that has a lemony tartness. Pack this in the cooler at your next backyard BBQ.
Pairing: 21st Birthday Suit’s refreshing tang tempers the heat of grilled lemon-pepper shrimp skewers. Or, try it with an order of the simply grilled tiger prawns with paprika at Mandolin Aegean Bistro, 4312 NE Second Ave., Miami.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Craft Beers to Taste at Grovetoberfest
- Brew in Miami: Beer doughnuts and coffee beer at Rhino in Fort Lauderdale
- Wynwood Brewing wins gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival
- Brew in Miami: Daddy Brews is Miami's hidden-gem homebrew shop
- Sail with Funky Buddha Brewery on a craft brew cruise in March
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Beer here: Boulevard Brewing expands distribution to Florida
- Brew in Miami: Michael Schwartz's Home Brew turns 2
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?