Craft beer of the week: SweetWater Johnny Hash IPA
Citra hop 'hash' creates an especially bitter, resiny brew.
Beer: SweetWater Brewing Co. Johnny Hash
Style: Double India pale ale
Alcohol: 8.5 percent by volume
Price: About $9 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine & More
Story: Atlanta’s SweetWater Brewing Co. dives in to uncharted territory with the latest release in its limited-edition Dank Tank series, Johnny Hash. This imperial IPA delivers a wallop of resiny hop bitterness from hop “hash," a concentrated byproduct of Washington state-grown Citra hops. This big catch won’t be around for long, so snag one if you find it.
Pairing: The Citra hops in Johnny Hash pair well with a light fish sandwich. Try it with blackened mahi at Monty’s, 300 Alton Rd., Miami Beach.
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Wynwood Brewing hosts Miami block party and preps for bottled beer release
- Craft Beer of the Week: Eraser IPA
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Concrete Beach Tropic of Passion
- Craft Beer of the Week: Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood