Craft beer of the week: SweetWater Johnny Hash IPA
Citra hop 'hash' creates an especially bitter, resiny brew.
Beer: SweetWater Brewing Co. Johnny Hash
Style: Double India pale ale
Alcohol: 8.5 percent by volume
Price: About $9 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine & More
Story: Atlanta’s SweetWater Brewing Co. dives in to uncharted territory with the latest release in its limited-edition Dank Tank series, Johnny Hash. This imperial IPA delivers a wallop of resiny hop bitterness from hop “hash," a concentrated byproduct of Washington state-grown Citra hops. This big catch won’t be around for long, so snag one if you find it.
Pairing: The Citra hops in Johnny Hash pair well with a light fish sandwich. Try it with blackened mahi at Monty’s, 300 Alton Rd., Miami Beach.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers
- Italian beer happy hour at Bocce Bar
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Eat, drink and smoke at MC Kitchen's beer dinner with Dogfish Head, Alec Bradley