Craft beer of the week: SweetWater Johnny Hash IPA
Citra hop 'hash' creates an especially bitter, resiny brew.
Beer: SweetWater Brewing Co. Johnny Hash
Style: Double India pale ale
Alcohol: 8.5 percent by volume
Price: About $9 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine & More
Story: Atlanta’s SweetWater Brewing Co. dives in to uncharted territory with the latest release in its limited-edition Dank Tank series, Johnny Hash. This imperial IPA delivers a wallop of resiny hop bitterness from hop “hash," a concentrated byproduct of Washington state-grown Citra hops. This big catch won’t be around for long, so snag one if you find it.
Pairing: The Citra hops in Johnny Hash pair well with a light fish sandwich. Try it with blackened mahi at Monty’s, 300 Alton Rd., Miami Beach.
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
- Brew in Miami: Riverside Market is a craft beer mecca in Fort Lauderdale
- World Cup of Beer: Best beers from top contenders
- Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
- Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
- Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
- Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
- American Craft Beer Week bubbles up in Miami