Craft beer of the week: SweetWater Johnny Hash IPA
Citra hop 'hash' creates an especially bitter, resiny brew.
Story: Atlanta’s SweetWater Brewing Co. dives in to uncharted territory with the latest release in its limited-edition Dank Tank series, Johnny Hash. This imperial IPA delivers a wallop of resiny hop bitterness from hop “hash," a concentrated byproduct of Washington state-grown Citra hops. This big catch won’t be around for long, so snag one if you find it.
Pairing: The Citra hops in Johnny Hash pair well with a light fish sandwich. Try it with blackened mahi at Monty’s, 300 Alton Rd., Miami Beach.
Beer: SweetWater Brewing Co. Johnny Hash
Style: Double India pale ale
Alcohol: 8.5 percent by volume
Price: About $9 for a 22-ounce bottle at Total Wine & More
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer
- Concrete Beach Brewery will brew aboard Carnival Cruise Line in May
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016
- BLT Prime, MIA Brewing team up for craft beer dinner in Doral
- Craft beers from Green Man Brewery in Asheville debut in Florida