Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
For a pairing, anything with rosemary rises to the occasion
Beer: Samuel Adams LongShot
Russ Brunner’s American Stout
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Story: Tamarac homebrewer Russ Brunner’s stout recipe beat more than 1,000 contenders in the Boston Beer Co.’s annual Samuel Adams LongShot contest.
That earned Russ’ rich, chocolatey beer a spot in the new LongShot variety pack, which also includes an India pale ale with pineapple and a smoked wheat beer.
Pairing: Brunner’s American Stout has an earthy, piney note from its hops that pairs nicely with rosemary. Try it with a roasted chicken club sandwich with rosemary aioli at Verde in Miami.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Wynwood Brewing hosts Miami block party and preps for bottled beer release
- Craft Beer of the Week: Eraser IPA
- Craft Beer of the Week: Keybilly Island Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Concrete Beach Tropic of Passion
- Craft Beer of the Week: Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood