Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
For a pairing, anything with rosemary rises to the occasion
Beer: Samuel Adams LongShot
Russ Brunner’s American Stout
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Story: Tamarac homebrewer Russ Brunner’s stout recipe beat more than 1,000 contenders in the Boston Beer Co.’s annual Samuel Adams LongShot contest.
That earned Russ’ rich, chocolatey beer a spot in the new LongShot variety pack, which also includes an India pale ale with pineapple and a smoked wheat beer.
Pairing: Brunner’s American Stout has an earthy, piney note from its hops that pairs nicely with rosemary. Try it with a roasted chicken club sandwich with rosemary aioli at Verde in Miami.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Eat, drink and smoke at MC Kitchen's beer dinner with Dogfish Head, Alec Bradley
- Craft Beer of the Week: 5 Lizard, a Latin-style witbier
- Contest: Win free tickets to Brooklyn Brewery event Tuesday in Miami
- South Florida's breweries, restaurants partner on collaboration beers
- Brew in Miami: Gravity Brewlab cooks up creative beers
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Craft Beers to Taste at Grovetoberfest
- Brew in Miami: Beer doughnuts and coffee beer at Rhino in Fort Lauderdale
- Wynwood Brewing wins gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival