Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
For a pairing, anything with rosemary rises to the occasion
Beer: Samuel Adams LongShot
Russ Brunner’s American Stout
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Story: Tamarac homebrewer Russ Brunner’s stout recipe beat more than 1,000 contenders in the Boston Beer Co.’s annual Samuel Adams LongShot contest.
That earned Russ’ rich, chocolatey beer a spot in the new LongShot variety pack, which also includes an India pale ale with pineapple and a smoked wheat beer.
Pairing: Brunner’s American Stout has an earthy, piney note from its hops that pairs nicely with rosemary. Try it with a roasted chicken club sandwich with rosemary aioli at Verde in Miami.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
- Brew in Miami: Riverside Market is a craft beer mecca in Fort Lauderdale
- World Cup of Beer: Best beers from top contenders
- Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
- Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
- Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit
- American Craft Beer Week bubbles up in Miami
- Craft beer of the week: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA