Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
For a pairing, anything with rosemary rises to the occasion
Story: Tamarac homebrewer Russ Brunner’s stout recipe beat more than 1,000 contenders in the Boston Beer Co.’s annual Samuel Adams LongShot contest.
That earned Russ’ rich, chocolatey beer a spot in the new LongShot variety pack, which also includes an India pale ale with pineapple and a smoked wheat beer.
Pairing: Brunner’s American Stout has an earthy, piney note from its hops that pairs nicely with rosemary. Try it with a roasted chicken club sandwich with rosemary aioli at Verde in Miami.
Beer: Samuel Adams LongShot
Russ Brunner’s American Stout
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
- 3 Olympic-worthy Wywnood beer events this week
- Beer is finally flowing at this Doral brewery
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer