Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
For a pairing, anything with rosemary rises to the occasion
Beer: Samuel Adams LongShot
Russ Brunner’s American Stout
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Story: Tamarac homebrewer Russ Brunner’s stout recipe beat more than 1,000 contenders in the Boston Beer Co.’s annual Samuel Adams LongShot contest.
That earned Russ’ rich, chocolatey beer a spot in the new LongShot variety pack, which also includes an India pale ale with pineapple and a smoked wheat beer.
Pairing: Brunner’s American Stout has an earthy, piney note from its hops that pairs nicely with rosemary. Try it with a roasted chicken club sandwich with rosemary aioli at Verde in Miami.
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016
- BLT Prime, MIA Brewing team up for craft beer dinner in Doral
- Craft beers from Green Man Brewery in Asheville debut in Florida
- Riverside South lights up Hanukkah with beer
- Craft Beer of the Week: Megamix Pale Ale from MIA Brewing Co. in Doral
- Caja china meets Miami craft beer at Edge Steak & Bar's Oktoberfeast
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Wynwood Brewing hosts Miami block party and preps for bottled beer release