Craft beer of the week: Russ Brunner's American Stout
For a pairing, anything with rosemary rises to the occasion
Beer: Samuel Adams LongShot
Russ Brunner’s American Stout
Alcohol: 7.2 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a six-pack of 12-ounce bottles at Fresh Market
Story: Tamarac homebrewer Russ Brunner’s stout recipe beat more than 1,000 contenders in the Boston Beer Co.’s annual Samuel Adams LongShot contest.
That earned Russ’ rich, chocolatey beer a spot in the new LongShot variety pack, which also includes an India pale ale with pineapple and a smoked wheat beer.
Pairing: Brunner’s American Stout has an earthy, piney note from its hops that pairs nicely with rosemary. Try it with a roasted chicken club sandwich with rosemary aioli at Verde in Miami.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now