Craft beer of the week: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Pair this brew with a burger in honor of National Hamburger Month.
Beer: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Style: Imperial India pale ale
Alcohol: 9 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a 12-ounce bottle at Swine Southern Table and Bar
Story: Delaware craft brewery Dogfish Head names its IPAs according to how long the beers interact with hops during the brewing process, from 60 to 120 minutes. Right in the middle, 90 Minute IPA was Dogfish’s first experiment with this hopping system, and the result is a citrusy bitter beer that approaches raisiny sweetness with a warming alcohol finish.
Pairing: For National Hamburger Month, pair a 90 Minute with a Swine Burger from Swine Southern Table and Bar in Coral Gables. The burger’s blend of short rib, brisket and smoked pork is topped with bacon and American cheese. The brawny beer cuts right through all of that meat and fat and salt and smoke, prepping you for another bite.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose