Craft beer of the week: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Pair this brew with a burger in honor of National Hamburger Month.
Beer: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Style: Imperial India pale ale
Alcohol: 9 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a 12-ounce bottle at Swine Southern Table and Bar
Story: Delaware craft brewery Dogfish Head names its IPAs according to how long the beers interact with hops during the brewing process, from 60 to 120 minutes. Right in the middle, 90 Minute IPA was Dogfish’s first experiment with this hopping system, and the result is a citrusy bitter beer that approaches raisiny sweetness with a warming alcohol finish.
Pairing: For National Hamburger Month, pair a 90 Minute with a Swine Burger from Swine Southern Table and Bar in Coral Gables. The burger’s blend of short rib, brisket and smoked pork is topped with bacon and American cheese. The brawny beer cuts right through all of that meat and fat and salt and smoke, prepping you for another bite.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer
- Brew in Miami: Riverside Market is a craft beer mecca in Fort Lauderdale
- World Cup of Beer: Best beers from top contenders
- Brew in Miami with MC Kitchen, Dogfish Head
- Brew in Miami premieres with guests from Wynwood Brewing, OTC Restaurant
- Craft beer of the week: Uinta Brewing's 21st Birthday Suit