Craft beer of the week: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Pair this brew with a burger in honor of National Hamburger Month.
Beer: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Style: Imperial India pale ale
Alcohol: 9 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a 12-ounce bottle at Swine Southern Table and Bar
Story: Delaware craft brewery Dogfish Head names its IPAs according to how long the beers interact with hops during the brewing process, from 60 to 120 minutes. Right in the middle, 90 Minute IPA was Dogfish’s first experiment with this hopping system, and the result is a citrusy bitter beer that approaches raisiny sweetness with a warming alcohol finish.
Pairing: For National Hamburger Month, pair a 90 Minute with a Swine Burger from Swine Southern Table and Bar in Coral Gables. The burger’s blend of short rib, brisket and smoked pork is topped with bacon and American cheese. The brawny beer cuts right through all of that meat and fat and salt and smoke, prepping you for another bite.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Beer and short films join forces for a good cause in Miami
- What's the Best? 5 Craft Beers to Taste at Grovetoberfest
- Brew in Miami: Beer doughnuts and coffee beer at Rhino in Fort Lauderdale
- Wynwood Brewing wins gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival
- Brew in Miami: Daddy Brews is Miami's hidden-gem homebrew shop
- Sail with Funky Buddha Brewery on a craft brew cruise in March
- Brew in Miami: Buckets of craft beer at Pubbelly in Miami Beach
- Beer here: Boulevard Brewing expands distribution to Florida
- Brew in Miami: Michael Schwartz's Home Brew turns 2
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?