Craft beer of the week: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Pair this brew with a burger in honor of National Hamburger Month.
Beer: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Style: Imperial India pale ale
Alcohol: 9 percent by volume
Price: $8 for a 12-ounce bottle at Swine Southern Table and Bar
Story: Delaware craft brewery Dogfish Head names its IPAs according to how long the beers interact with hops during the brewing process, from 60 to 120 minutes. Right in the middle, 90 Minute IPA was Dogfish’s first experiment with this hopping system, and the result is a citrusy bitter beer that approaches raisiny sweetness with a warming alcohol finish.
Pairing: For National Hamburger Month, pair a 90 Minute with a Swine Burger from Swine Southern Table and Bar in Coral Gables. The burger’s blend of short rib, brisket and smoked pork is topped with bacon and American cheese. The brawny beer cuts right through all of that meat and fat and salt and smoke, prepping you for another bite.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers
- Italian beer happy hour at Bocce Bar
- Craft beer of the week: Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner
- Eat, drink and smoke at MC Kitchen's beer dinner with Dogfish Head, Alec Bradley
- Craft Beer of the Week: 5 Lizard, a Latin-style witbier
- Contest: Win free tickets to Brooklyn Brewery event Tuesday in Miami