Craft beer of the week: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Malty, refreshing lager goes great with tacos.
Story: Austrian immigrants brought the light Vienna-style lager to Mexico in the 19th century. Mexican-brewed brands like Tecate, Dos Equis and Negra Modelo remain popular, though some American craft brewers have put their twist on the style. Wisconsin’s Capital Brewery makes some outstanding lagers, and its Wisconsin Amber is a superb take on the Vienna style.
Pairing: It’s Cinco de Mayo. Tacos and Mexican-style lagers are a heavenly match. Try Wisconsin Amber with beer-simmered pork tinga tacos.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
Beer: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Style: Vienna-style lager
Alcohol: 5.2 percent by volume
Price: About $14 for a 12-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine & More
- 3 Olympic-worthy Wywnood beer events this week
- Beer is finally flowing at this Doral brewery
- This brewery wants to prove your abuelita's domino game is strong
- Beer ice cream is real — and it will be boozy
- Beer that tastes like French toast? Only in Florida
- Cuba's oldest beer reborn in Miami
- Best places to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in Miami
- Miami's Best Breweries and Beer Bars
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Wynwood Brewing releases special beer