Craft beer of the week: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Malty, refreshing lager goes great with tacos.
Beer: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Style: Vienna-style lager
Alcohol: 5.2 percent by volume
Price: About $14 for a 12-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine & More
Story: Austrian immigrants brought the light Vienna-style lager to Mexico in the 19th century. Mexican-brewed brands like Tecate, Dos Equis and Negra Modelo remain popular, though some American craft brewers have put their twist on the style. Wisconsin’s Capital Brewery makes some outstanding lagers, and its Wisconsin Amber is a superb take on the Vienna style.
Pairing: It’s Cinco de Mayo. Tacos and Mexican-style lagers are a heavenly match. Try Wisconsin Amber with beer-simmered pork tinga tacos.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Brew in Miami: Michael Schwartz's Home Brew turns 2
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?
- Brew in Miami: The secret behind one-off beers
- Brew in Miami: How to make a Tommy Pickles beer cocktail
- Brew in Miami: 360 beers and a 'Gal' beer blogger
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- Brew in Miami: Grovetoberfest founder shares news about this year's fest
- Brew in Miami: Pair these craft beers with July 4th foods
- Brew in Miami: Miami Brewing Co. puts tropical twist on craft beer