Craft beer of the week: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Malty, refreshing lager goes great with tacos.
Beer: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Style: Vienna-style lager
Alcohol: 5.2 percent by volume
Price: About $14 for a 12-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine & More
Story: Austrian immigrants brought the light Vienna-style lager to Mexico in the 19th century. Mexican-brewed brands like Tecate, Dos Equis and Negra Modelo remain popular, though some American craft brewers have put their twist on the style. Wisconsin’s Capital Brewery makes some outstanding lagers, and its Wisconsin Amber is a superb take on the Vienna style.
Pairing: It’s Cinco de Mayo. Tacos and Mexican-style lagers are a heavenly match. Try Wisconsin Amber with beer-simmered pork tinga tacos.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Bottoms up: 5 beerific Miami Craft Beer Week events of 2016
- BLT Prime, MIA Brewing team up for craft beer dinner in Doral
- Craft beers from Green Man Brewery in Asheville debut in Florida
- Riverside South lights up Hanukkah with beer
- Craft Beer of the Week: Megamix Pale Ale from MIA Brewing Co. in Doral
- Caja china meets Miami craft beer at Edge Steak & Bar's Oktoberfeast
- Beer of the Week: Harpoon Take 5 Session IPA
- Brew in Miami wins first-place award from Society of Professional Journalists
- Florida craft beer tasting is Aug. 26 at Mandarin Oriental's MO Bar + Lounge
- Wynwood Brewing hosts Miami block party and preps for bottled beer release