Craft beer of the week: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Malty, refreshing lager goes great with tacos.
Beer: Capital Brewery Wisconsin Amber
Style: Vienna-style lager
Alcohol: 5.2 percent by volume
Price: About $14 for a 12-pack of 12-ounce cans at Total Wine & More
Story: Austrian immigrants brought the light Vienna-style lager to Mexico in the 19th century. Mexican-brewed brands like Tecate, Dos Equis and Negra Modelo remain popular, though some American craft brewers have put their twist on the style. Wisconsin’s Capital Brewery makes some outstanding lagers, and its Wisconsin Amber is a superb take on the Vienna style.
Pairing: It’s Cinco de Mayo. Tacos and Mexican-style lagers are a heavenly match. Try Wisconsin Amber with beer-simmered pork tinga tacos.
Follow @MiamiHeraldFood on Twitter.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Concrete Beach Tropic of Passion
- Craft Beer of the Week: Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Raise a pint with Brew in Miami at Veritage Miami's Craft Beer Tasting in Wynwood
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate