Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
Big flavor in a big bottle from a small brewery.
Story: Upstart Austin, Texas, brewery Adelbert’s is a tribute to George Adelbert “Del” Hovey, the adventurous late brother of brewery founder Scott Hovey. Naked Nun is a reference to the time Del was robbed in Colombia, stripped of his clothing, and sought refuge with a local nun (he was the naked one, not her). Like all of Adelbert’s brews, Naked Nun is a Belgian-style ale that’s bottle-conditioned, giving its yeast time to develop a unique depth of aromas and flavors.
Pairing: Naked Nun’s light, clean, citrus-tinged flavors pair well with steamed mussels. Try it with the coconut milk version from The River Seafood & Oyster Bar, 650 S. Miami Ave.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Victory Helles Lager
- Beer Haven turns Miami-Dade County Fair into a ... beer haven
- (Golf) Beer of the Week: G-Mac's Celtic-Style Pale Ale
- Craft Beer of the Week: Samuel Adams Crystal Pale Ale
- Green Flash Double Stout is a dream with chocolate
- Sixpoint Resin is a sticky-bitter monster of an IPA
- The gluten-free beer you should drink now
- Biscayne Bay Brewing Co. is one of Miami-Dade's newest craft breweries
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- New looks for local South Florida craft beers