Country star Trisha Yearwood gets cooking
Southern brunch at Loews
Attendees of Trisha Yearwood's Southern Kitchen Brunch Sunday at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel were not disappointed. If you liked her food as well as her music, the South Beach Wine & Food event was a double header. Because aside from cooking, the Food Network personality performed as well, doing about four or five songs including a cover of Linda Rondstadt's Blue Bayou. Yearwood told the crowd that organizers were looking for someone to provide musical entertainment and asked her for suggestions, and she replied, "What can't it be me?" On the appropriately artery clogging menu: bacon wrapped shrimp, chicken and waffles and eggs Benedict. The country's star hubby, fellow country star Garth Brooks, was not in attendance, but Trisha got an assist from her sister Beth Bernard.
On Our Radar
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness
- Alex Rodriguez buys pricey condo
- Eberjey joins bra drive, gives discounts during October.
- Miami Heat's Amar's Stoudemire feted at The Forge