Countdown to Summer of Riesling: highlights include Riesling Pizzeria pop-up at Harry's
A summer-long homage to the one of the word's most misunderstood grapes
There's the Summer of Love, the Summer of Sam, and now the Summer of Riesling, which kicks off on June 20 and extends through September 21 at various restaurants throughout the country offering at least three Riesling wines by the glass and more by the bottle. Eric Larkee, Florida Chairman and Ambassador and Wine Director of chef Michael Schwartz’s The Genuine Hospitality Group (Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Harry’s Pizzeria,) is the Riseling-ringleader, wrangling local restaurants to get involved. Among the special events to look forward to: Riesling Pizzeria, a pop-up dinner and gallery at Schwartz’s Harry’s Pizzeria with chef Marco Canora and Summer of Riesling Founder and "Overlord" Paul Grieco. Stay tuned.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton