Countdown to Summer of Riesling: highlights include Riesling Pizzeria pop-up at Harry's
A summer-long homage to the one of the word's most misunderstood grapes
There's the Summer of Love, the Summer of Sam, and now the Summer of Riesling, which kicks off on June 20 and extends through September 21 at various restaurants throughout the country offering at least three Riesling wines by the glass and more by the bottle. Eric Larkee, Florida Chairman and Ambassador and Wine Director of chef Michael Schwartz’s The Genuine Hospitality Group (Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Harry’s Pizzeria,) is the Riseling-ringleader, wrangling local restaurants to get involved. Among the special events to look forward to: Riesling Pizzeria, a pop-up dinner and gallery at Schwartz’s Harry’s Pizzeria with chef Marco Canora and Summer of Riesling Founder and "Overlord" Paul Grieco. Stay tuned.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant