Countdown to Summer of Riesling: highlights include Riesling Pizzeria pop-up at Harry's
A summer-long homage to the one of the word's most misunderstood grapes
There's the Summer of Love, the Summer of Sam, and now the Summer of Riesling, which kicks off on June 20 and extends through September 21 at various restaurants throughout the country offering at least three Riesling wines by the glass and more by the bottle. Eric Larkee, Florida Chairman and Ambassador and Wine Director of chef Michael Schwartz’s The Genuine Hospitality Group (Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Harry’s Pizzeria,) is the Riseling-ringleader, wrangling local restaurants to get involved. Among the special events to look forward to: Riesling Pizzeria, a pop-up dinner and gallery at Schwartz’s Harry’s Pizzeria with chef Marco Canora and Summer of Riesling Founder and "Overlord" Paul Grieco. Stay tuned.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai