Countdown to Summer of Riesling: highlights include Riesling Pizzeria pop-up at Harry's
A summer-long homage to the one of the word's most misunderstood grapes
There's the Summer of Love, the Summer of Sam, and now the Summer of Riesling, which kicks off on June 20 and extends through September 21 at various restaurants throughout the country offering at least three Riesling wines by the glass and more by the bottle. Eric Larkee, Florida Chairman and Ambassador and Wine Director of chef Michael Schwartz’s The Genuine Hospitality Group (Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Harry’s Pizzeria,) is the Riseling-ringleader, wrangling local restaurants to get involved. Among the special events to look forward to: Riesling Pizzeria, a pop-up dinner and gallery at Schwartz’s Harry’s Pizzeria with chef Marco Canora and Summer of Riesling Founder and "Overlord" Paul Grieco. Stay tuned.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar