Cosmetics titan Jane Lauder knows beauty
Heiress in town
Jane Lauder calls Manhattan home but coming to Miami to spread the gospel about her myriad beauty products isn’t one of her least favorite things. Origins’ Global President/General Manager attended a cocktail reception at the Origins store at The Falls earlier this month to talk about the latest offerings from the lines she oversees at not only Origins, but Ojon and Darphin. “I love being outside and on the water when I am here,” says Lauder, who is the granddaughter of cosmetics founder Estee Lauder and daughter of Ronald S. Lauder, chairman of Clinique Laboratories. “I like eating outdoors at the Standard Hotel: great setting and delicious, healthy food.”
We had to ask, if the businesswoman were on a tropical island what her must-haves would be. “I always protect my skin from the sun so I would definitely need a moisturizer with SPF and anti aging cream,” says the 39-year-old.
How does the Miami woman differ from those across the country? “She is vibrant and confident and knows what she wants – being here is really inspiring for me.”
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street