Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
Critically acclaimed chef is back on the scene with an underground dinner series.
Chef Gabriela Machado, who earned a reputation by cooking elaborate, multicourse dinners at midtown’s Copperbox Culinary Atelier, reemerged on Miami’s culinary scene this week with the debut of her Paladar Secret Dining Series.
The inaugural, invitation-only culinary experience happened Thursday night at the Orchid House in Miami Beach. Machado cooked a six-course meal for guests, who also previewed new sound-system technology from Silicon Valley-based Soniq.
Machado’s critically acclaimed Copperbox dinners ran from 2012 to 2013.
She was born and raised in Venezuela and earned a graphic-design degree from the Art Institute of Philadelphia. Her culinary career began at home in Venezuela, where she baked chicken empanadas; that morphed into a bakery business, then a catering company. She opened Copperbox a few years after she and her husband moved to Miami in 2010, starting with invite-only dinners and expanding to public Atelier nights.
Future Paladar events are scheduled to take place at the Orchid House as well as at venues in New York, Beverly Hills, Monaco and London. Follow Machado’s Facebook page for updates and more information.
- The List: Where Buns & Buns' Alex Zibi eats around Miami
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice
- Veuve Clicquot celebrates Carnaval at the Thompson Miami Beach
- The List: The Federal's Ani Meinhold and Cesar Zapata
- My Ceviche owners to open Laffa Mediterranean Kitchen in Miami
- Slow Food's Ark of Taste at Paraiso Bay
- The List: Oceanaire's Kareem Anguin