Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado returns with 'Paladar' dinner series
Critically acclaimed chef is back on the scene with an underground dinner series.
Chef Gabriela Machado, who earned a reputation by cooking elaborate, multicourse dinners at midtown’s Copperbox Culinary Atelier, reemerged on Miami’s culinary scene this week with the debut of her Paladar Secret Dining Series.
The inaugural, invitation-only culinary experience happened Thursday night at the Orchid House in Miami Beach. Machado cooked a six-course meal for guests, who also previewed new sound-system technology from Silicon Valley-based Soniq.
Machado’s critically acclaimed Copperbox dinners ran from 2012 to 2013.
She was born and raised in Venezuela and earned a graphic-design degree from the Art Institute of Philadelphia. Her culinary career began at home in Venezuela, where she baked chicken empanadas; that morphed into a bakery business, then a catering company. She opened Copperbox a few years after she and her husband moved to Miami in 2010, starting with invite-only dinners and expanding to public Atelier nights.
Future Paladar events are scheduled to take place at the Orchid House as well as at venues in New York, Beverly Hills, Monaco and London. Follow Machado’s Facebook page for updates and more information.
Paladar by Gabriela Machado
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach