Cooking With the Stars May 15
4/27/2011Temple Israel, 137 NE 19th St., Miami, has assembled an impressive lineup for its May 15 Cooking With the Stars fundraiser: chefs Michelle Bernstein (Michy’s, Sra. Martinez), Douglas Rodriguez (OLA, DeRodriguez Cuba on Ocean), Cindy Hutson (Ortanique on the Mile), Sam Gorenstein (BLT Steak at The Betsy), Aria Kagan ( The Next Food Network Star) and FIU chef-instructor Michael Moran will cook, Jeffrey Wolfe (Wolfe’s Wine Shoppe) will discuss the wine pairings, Michael’s Catering, Epicure Gourmet Market and Misha’s Cupcakes will do desserts, and The Miami Herald’s Dinner in Minutes columnist, Linda Gassenheimer, will emcee. The event benefits the temple’s community projects. Tickets are $180 for the 6 p.m. main event, $250 including the 5 p.m. VIP reception; 305-573-5900, ext.404.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez