Cookie Johnson Event
Meet Cookie Johnson. She's the woman behind the booty-licious denim line Cj by Cookie Johnson.
Nordstrom, Merrick Park
4310 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables
WHO: Cookie Johnson, wife of NBA legend and businessman Eavin “Magic” Johnson, has teamed up with Michael Glasser (founder Seven, Citizens, and current owner of Rich & Skinny) to create Cj by Cookie Johnson, a denim line with “a versatile fit for women with real bodies.”
WHAT: Cookie will meet customers, have music, refreshments and informal modeling at Nordstrom at Merrick Park. Cj by Cookie Johnson, which Oprah recently declared her new favorite jean, has been selling out nationwide. Oprah discovered the jeans on one of her magazine cover shoots and shared on her show that she wore the jeans for 3 days straight after leaving the shoot. The collection includes boot cut, straight leg, boyfriend, high-waist, and legging jeans. The line is available in sizes 24-38 (in other words, a size 0-18 — previously unheard of in premium denim). A plus size version of Cj will debut in March, 2010.
WHEN/WHERE: Nordstrom, Merrick Park, Miami 4310 Ponce De Leon Boulevard Coral Gables, FL 33146; (786) 999-1313
WHY: With a keen eye for trends and how to wear them, Johnson despaired over the lack of premium denim for women with a figure like hers, fit…but curvy. “I couldn’t find jeans to fit my body type,” she explains. “It frustrated me to try on every pair in the store and leave with nothing.” Over the years Johnson realized that her testimony was that of many women. So, instead of waiting for a brand to appear that would fill the void, she decided to create one.
- Dolphin Mall Keeps Growing
- The Florida Keys Outlet Center
- Create Your Own Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers
- More Reasons to Love Dadeland Mall
- Poshmark Invites You to its Sassy Summer Style #PoshParty
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Find Your Fleek: Eyebrow Design Innovates Miami Beauty Scene
- Favor App Launches Miami Delivery Service
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Miami Swim Week 2015 Recap