Cookie Johnson Event
Meet Cookie Johnson. She's the woman behind the booty-licious denim line Cj by Cookie Johnson.
WHO: Cookie Johnson, wife of NBA legend and businessman Eavin “Magic” Johnson, has teamed up with Michael Glasser (founder Seven, Citizens, and current owner of Rich & Skinny) to create Cj by Cookie Johnson, a denim line with “a versatile fit for women with real bodies.”
WHAT: Cookie will meet customers, have music, refreshments and informal modeling at Nordstrom at Merrick Park. Cj by Cookie Johnson, which Oprah recently declared her new favorite jean, has been selling out nationwide. Oprah discovered the jeans on one of her magazine cover shoots and shared on her show that she wore the jeans for 3 days straight after leaving the shoot. The collection includes boot cut, straight leg, boyfriend, high-waist, and legging jeans. The line is available in sizes 24-38 (in other words, a size 0-18 — previously unheard of in premium denim). A plus size version of Cj will debut in March, 2010.
WHEN/WHERE: Nordstrom, Merrick Park, Miami 4310 Ponce De Leon Boulevard Coral Gables, FL 33146; (786) 999-1313
WHY: With a keen eye for trends and how to wear them, Johnson despaired over the lack of premium denim for women with a figure like hers, fit…but curvy. “I couldn’t find jeans to fit my body type,” she explains. “It frustrated me to try on every pair in the store and leave with nothing.” Over the years Johnson realized that her testimony was that of many women. So, instead of waiting for a brand to appear that would fill the void, she decided to create one.
Nordstrom, Merrick Park
4310 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas
- 5 New Reasons to Visit Miami International Mall
- 11 Best Miami Beauty Salons
- New Botox and Filler Bar on Miami Beach Gives “Taking Shots” A Whole New Meaning
- Huge Sale at The Fontainebleau Soon!
- Breaking Beauty News: Two Drybar Locations to Open in Miami
- Everything You Need to Know About Microblading Your Brows in Miami
- 4 Miami Makeup Artists to Book