CONTEXT Art Fair debuts in Midtown with fresh, edgy art during Art Basel weekend
Also features seven Berlin-based contemporary galleries
CONTEXT Art Fair is Miami’s newest international emerging and cutting-edge, living artist, contemporary art fair will coincide with the 23rd edition of Art Miami.
Trendsetting galleries from around the globe will exhibit in a 45,000-square-foot pavilion located directly adjacent to Art Miami at 3201 NE 1st Ave. in Midtown Miami.
CONTEXT Art Miami will feature a curated group of 65 galleries representing emerging and mid-career artists, including solo artist installations, immersive environments, curated projects and multimedia exhibits.
CONTEXT Art Miami will also feature seven Berlin-based contemporary galleries that have been selected by a panel of expert curators and art critics. “ART FROM BERLIN,” presented by the Galleries Association of Berlin (LVBG), is officially supported by the State of Berlin and the European Union (EU) and will feature the Berlin Lounge, presented by Haus am Waldsee. This marks the first joint presentation of Berlin galleries that will showcase the works of Christine Rusche, Christine Klatt, Franziska Klotz, Levke Leiss, Sussane Ring, Inka and Niclas, and Eva Bertram.
CONTEXT Art Miami’s Opening Night VIP Preview on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012 from 5:30 – 10 p.m. will benefit the Miami Art Museum. (www.contextartmiami.com)
General admission for CONTEXT will be Wed., Dec. 5-6, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 9 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
A one-day fair pass costs $20, with a catalog is $50. A multi-day fair pass is $40, and with a catalog is $65. Students 12-18 years and Seniors are $10 and children under 12 years accompanied by adult free. Groups of 10 or more are $10 per person.
For more information visit www.contextartmiami.com
- Satellite fairs bring art beyond Art Basel
- A Curated Guide to Miami Art Week and Art Basel Miami Beach
- Art Basel Hotel Party Guide
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector
- Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel