Contest: Cook off with grilling guru Steven Raichlen in Miami
Prizes include a signed copy of his latest cookbook and dinner for four.
Miami-based cookbook author and grilling guru Steven Raichlen is hosting a cook-off challenge to promote his newest release, "Man Made Meals: The Essential Cookbook for Guys" (Workman, $24.95), out today.
One winner will get to face off in a live cooking contest judged by Raichlen. Plus, he’ll win a signed copy of the book and lunch for four people at the Café at Books & Books.
Sorry, ladies; contest is for guys only.
When: 8 p.m. on June 4
Where: Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables
How to: Nominate a man in your life who has what it takes to hold his own in a cook-off in front of a master griller. Send a brief paragraph describing why he should win by noon on May 23 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami