Contest: Cook off with grilling guru Steven Raichlen in Miami
Prizes include a signed copy of his latest cookbook and dinner for four.
Miami-based cookbook author and grilling guru Steven Raichlen is hosting a cook-off challenge to promote his newest release, "Man Made Meals: The Essential Cookbook for Guys" (Workman, $24.95), out today.
One winner will get to face off in a live cooking contest judged by Raichlen. Plus, he’ll win a signed copy of the book and lunch for four people at the Café at Books & Books.
Sorry, ladies; contest is for guys only.
When: 8 p.m. on June 4
Where: Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables
How to: Nominate a man in your life who has what it takes to hold his own in a cook-off in front of a master griller. Send a brief paragraph describing why he should win by noon on May 23 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach
- Taste of the Nation serves up food, wine and beer for charity in Miami Beach