Contest: Cook off with grilling guru Steven Raichlen in Miami
Prizes include a signed copy of his latest cookbook and dinner for four.
Miami-based cookbook author and grilling guru Steven Raichlen is hosting a cook-off challenge to promote his newest release, "Man Made Meals: The Essential Cookbook for Guys" (Workman, $24.95), out today.
One winner will get to face off in a live cooking contest judged by Raichlen. Plus, he’ll win a signed copy of the book and lunch for four people at the Café at Books & Books.
Sorry, ladies; contest is for guys only.
When: 8 p.m. on June 4
Where: Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables
How to: Nominate a man in your life who has what it takes to hold his own in a cook-off in front of a master griller. Send a brief paragraph describing why he should win by noon on May 23 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell