Contest: Cook off with grilling guru Steven Raichlen in Miami
Prizes include a signed copy of his latest cookbook and dinner for four.
Miami-based cookbook author and grilling guru Steven Raichlen is hosting a cook-off challenge to promote his newest release, "Man Made Meals: The Essential Cookbook for Guys" (Workman, $24.95), out today.
One winner will get to face off in a live cooking contest judged by Raichlen. Plus, he’ll win a signed copy of the book and lunch for four people at the Café at Books & Books.
Sorry, ladies; contest is for guys only.
When: 8 p.m. on June 4
Where: Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables
How to: Nominate a man in your life who has what it takes to hold his own in a cook-off in front of a master griller. Send a brief paragraph describing why he should win by noon on May 23 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park
- Miami Spice 2015: Best of the best Miami Spice restaurants
- Gianni's at the Villa to open in former Versace Mansion in South Beach