Consumer groups: Beyonce tickets will sell out quickly
Concert in July
Not sick of Beyonce yet?
No one else is either. Even though the singer has created controversy left and right — between the lip synching at the inauguration and the tight leather outfit slammed by PETA at the Super Bowl — she is still one hot ticket. Literally.
Consumer rights organizations The Florida Consumer Action Network and the Fan Freedom Project released a statement Friday warning fans to expect a fast sellout for the Halo crooner’s July 10 concert at AmericanAirlines Arena because only a small percentage of the 19,600 seats will likely be made available. Many tickets will be set aside for fan club and premium credit card pre-sales and VIPs, they said. “Fans must be watchful of the significant ticket holdbacks that often occur with popular events,” said Bill Newton, executive director of FCAN.
Set your alarm: Tickets for the Mrs Carter World Tour officially go on sale 10 a.m. Monday, although discount ticket broker sites like StubHub, GoodSeatTickets and Ticket Liquidator had a few seats that cost about $80 a pop as of midday Friday. Another option: As an official sponsor, MasterCard is providing cardholders exclusive offers and VIP packages at www.ticketmaster.com/beyonce; use the passcode MasterBey.
Follow the writer: www.Twitter.com/madeleinemarr
On Our Radar
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference
- Shaq to host Barry University bash
- Cindy Crawford in town for new book
- Miami Marlins VIPs focus on wellness
- Alex Rodriguez buys pricey condo
- Eberjey joins bra drive, gives discounts during October.