Consumer groups: Beyonce tickets will sell out quickly
Concert in July
Not sick of Beyonce yet?
No one else is either. Even though the singer has created controversy left and right — between the lip synching at the inauguration and the tight leather outfit slammed by PETA at the Super Bowl — she is still one hot ticket. Literally.
Consumer rights organizations The Florida Consumer Action Network and the Fan Freedom Project released a statement Friday warning fans to expect a fast sellout for the Halo crooner’s July 10 concert at AmericanAirlines Arena because only a small percentage of the 19,600 seats will likely be made available. Many tickets will be set aside for fan club and premium credit card pre-sales and VIPs, they said. “Fans must be watchful of the significant ticket holdbacks that often occur with popular events,” said Bill Newton, executive director of FCAN.
Set your alarm: Tickets for the Mrs Carter World Tour officially go on sale 10 a.m. Monday, although discount ticket broker sites like StubHub, GoodSeatTickets and Ticket Liquidator had a few seats that cost about $80 a pop as of midday Friday. Another option: As an official sponsor, MasterCard is providing cardholders exclusive offers and VIP packages at www.ticketmaster.com/beyonce; use the passcode MasterBey.
Follow the writer: www.Twitter.com/madeleinemarr
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested