Consumer groups: Beyonce tickets will sell out quickly
Concert in July
Not sick of Beyonce yet?
No one else is either. Even though the singer has created controversy left and right — between the lip synching at the inauguration and the tight leather outfit slammed by PETA at the Super Bowl — she is still one hot ticket. Literally.
Consumer rights organizations The Florida Consumer Action Network and the Fan Freedom Project released a statement Friday warning fans to expect a fast sellout for the Halo crooner’s July 10 concert at AmericanAirlines Arena because only a small percentage of the 19,600 seats will likely be made available. Many tickets will be set aside for fan club and premium credit card pre-sales and VIPs, they said. “Fans must be watchful of the significant ticket holdbacks that often occur with popular events,” said Bill Newton, executive director of FCAN.
Set your alarm: Tickets for the Mrs Carter World Tour officially go on sale 10 a.m. Monday, although discount ticket broker sites like StubHub, GoodSeatTickets and Ticket Liquidator had a few seats that cost about $80 a pop as of midday Friday. Another option: As an official sponsor, MasterCard is providing cardholders exclusive offers and VIP packages at www.ticketmaster.com/beyonce; use the passcode MasterBey.
Follow the writer: www.Twitter.com/madeleinemarr
On Our Radar
- Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather at Heat game
- Jookin with Lil Buck in Miami
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance