Confused by Art Basel? There's an app for that
It doesn't have to be so complicated
If you've attended Art Basel in the past you likely know how overwhelming it can be. Next week’s city-wide festival has ballooned to include more than 25 distinct fairs, over 1000 exhibiting galleries and hundreds of events and parties. Here are three free tools that are certain to help attendees make the most of the occasion:
Art Basel Miami Beach App
The big show can be daunting. With this fair app users can browse the galleries and artists on view at Art Basel Miami Beach and explore the exhibition halls to locate artwork, organize them as favorites and share them with friends.
The self-proclaimed Pandora for the art world. Find a piece you like at a fair? Use Art.sy to discover similar artwork from a growing online collection that now includes over 20,000 works from leading art galleries, museums, foundations, photo archives, and private collections.
If Art.sy is Pandora, then REFINEDr is Yelp. REFINEDr puts the more than 25 fairs, 1000 galleries and hundreds of events (read: parties) on a searchable map and at the fingertips of users. Attendees can discover what’s near them, trending now or an expert pick by Miami Art Museum’s Thom Collins and others.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud