Confirmed: La Mar by Gaston Acurio opening at Mandarin Oriental, Miami in December
As we first reported on August 8, it is now confirmed that Peruvian tapas and ceviche restaurant La Mar by Gaston Acurio, currently in San Francisco and Chicago, will open in the space formerly known as Cafe Sambal.
“La Mar restaurants celebrate Peru’s rich diversity through the creation of eclectic cuisine,” said Chef Gaston Acurio. “Miami’s unique blending of cultures and vibrant spirit is an ideal fit for our philosophy. We are excited for the beginning stages of this project and are honored to be working with Mandarin Oriental, Miami."
Meanwhile Azul is being revamped and there are plans in the works for a new lobby bar.
Update, November 5: Chef Diego Oka has been named Executive Chef at La Mar by Gaston Acurio. Oka worked at La Mar Cebicheria in the culinary mecca of San Francisco, as well as at La Mar locations in Peru and Colombia, among other countries.
Miami’s appetite for international cuisine and abundance of fresh ingredients drive me in the process of creating a vibrant new menu for La Mar,” said Oka. “I am extremely excited to share the flavors and culture of Peru with this vibrant and dynamic city.”
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage