Confirmed: La Mar by Gaston Acurio opening at Mandarin Oriental, Miami in December
As we first reported on August 8, it is now confirmed that Peruvian tapas and ceviche restaurant La Mar by Gaston Acurio, currently in San Francisco and Chicago, will open in the space formerly known as Cafe Sambal.
“La Mar restaurants celebrate Peru’s rich diversity through the creation of eclectic cuisine,” said Chef Gaston Acurio. “Miami’s unique blending of cultures and vibrant spirit is an ideal fit for our philosophy. We are excited for the beginning stages of this project and are honored to be working with Mandarin Oriental, Miami."
Meanwhile Azul is being revamped and there are plans in the works for a new lobby bar.
Update, November 5: Chef Diego Oka has been named Executive Chef at La Mar by Gaston Acurio. Oka worked at La Mar Cebicheria in the culinary mecca of San Francisco, as well as at La Mar locations in Peru and Colombia, among other countries.
Miami’s appetite for international cuisine and abundance of fresh ingredients drive me in the process of creating a vibrant new menu for La Mar,” said Oka. “I am extremely excited to share the flavors and culture of Peru with this vibrant and dynamic city.”
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian