Coming soon to Wynwood: The White Lotus, Matthew Kenney's plant-based restaurant & raw food school
Things are getting raw in Wynwood
Twice nominated as a Rising Star Chef in America by the James Beard Foundation, Matthew Kenney, founder of the world’s first classically structured raw food culinary academy, is parterning with events and flower pro Karla Dascal to open The White Lotus at Dascal's The Space in Wynwood sometime in the Spring. Next to the restaurant will be the brand new Matthew Kenney Culinary, a state-of-the- art raw food culinary school. The restaurant’s modernist menu is inspired by seasonal, local produce, as well as many of Kenney’s classic raw food dishes. For an idea, here's a portion of Kenney's menu from his Santa Monica restuarant, M.A.K.E.
Beet Ravioli. Pickled Walnut. Bitter Greens. Poppy Seed. 15
Bahn Mi Tostada. Maitake. Guacamole. Chipotle Creme. Carrot. Radish. 15
Nori Roll. Jicama. Avocado. Shiitake. Pickled Daikon. Pickled Ginger. Chipotle. 15
Flatbread. Hummus. Jewel Box Tomato. Fennel. Capers. Mint. 15
King Oyster Mushroom. Parsnip. Brussels Sprout. Lemon. 16
Black Pepper Kelp Noodles. Mushroom. Snap Peas. Olive Crumb. Pea Vines. 17
Market Tomato Lasagna. Zucchini. Macadamia. Santa Barbara Pistachio. Basil. 18
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.