Coming soon to Wynwood: The White Lotus, Matthew Kenney's plant-based restaurant & raw food school
Things are getting raw in Wynwood
Twice nominated as a Rising Star Chef in America by the James Beard Foundation, Matthew Kenney, founder of the world’s first classically structured raw food culinary academy, is parterning with events and flower pro Karla Dascal to open The White Lotus at Dascal's The Space in Wynwood sometime in the Spring. Next to the restaurant will be the brand new Matthew Kenney Culinary, a state-of-the- art raw food culinary school. The restaurant’s modernist menu is inspired by seasonal, local produce, as well as many of Kenney’s classic raw food dishes. For an idea, here's a portion of Kenney's menu from his Santa Monica restuarant, M.A.K.E.
Beet Ravioli. Pickled Walnut. Bitter Greens. Poppy Seed. 15
Bahn Mi Tostada. Maitake. Guacamole. Chipotle Creme. Carrot. Radish. 15
Nori Roll. Jicama. Avocado. Shiitake. Pickled Daikon. Pickled Ginger. Chipotle. 15
Flatbread. Hummus. Jewel Box Tomato. Fennel. Capers. Mint. 15
King Oyster Mushroom. Parsnip. Brussels Sprout. Lemon. 16
Black Pepper Kelp Noodles. Mushroom. Snap Peas. Olive Crumb. Pea Vines. 17
Market Tomato Lasagna. Zucchini. Macadamia. Santa Barbara Pistachio. Basil. 18
105 NE 24th St.
- Free Food, Drink & More at My Ceviche Midtown's 3-Day Grand Opening Block Party Dec. 16
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress