Coming soon to Wynwood: The White Lotus, Matthew Kenney's plant-based restaurant & raw food school
Things are getting raw in Wynwood
Twice nominated as a Rising Star Chef in America by the James Beard Foundation, Matthew Kenney, founder of the world’s first classically structured raw food culinary academy, is parterning with events and flower pro Karla Dascal to open The White Lotus at Dascal's The Space in Wynwood sometime in the Spring. Next to the restaurant will be the brand new Matthew Kenney Culinary, a state-of-the- art raw food culinary school. The restaurant’s modernist menu is inspired by seasonal, local produce, as well as many of Kenney’s classic raw food dishes. For an idea, here's a portion of Kenney's menu from his Santa Monica restuarant, M.A.K.E.
Beet Ravioli. Pickled Walnut. Bitter Greens. Poppy Seed. 15
Bahn Mi Tostada. Maitake. Guacamole. Chipotle Creme. Carrot. Radish. 15
Nori Roll. Jicama. Avocado. Shiitake. Pickled Daikon. Pickled Ginger. Chipotle. 15
Flatbread. Hummus. Jewel Box Tomato. Fennel. Capers. Mint. 15
King Oyster Mushroom. Parsnip. Brussels Sprout. Lemon. 16
Black Pepper Kelp Noodles. Mushroom. Snap Peas. Olive Crumb. Pea Vines. 17
Market Tomato Lasagna. Zucchini. Macadamia. Santa Barbara Pistachio. Basil. 18
105 NE 24th St.
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami